By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Anthony,

You can find lifecycle dates for Flexera products here:
Flexera End-of-life dates

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Anthony,

You can find lifecycle dates for Flexera products here:
Flexera End-of-life dates

Best regards
Thorsten

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

Hello Thorsten,

Thank you for your reply.

The support dates for Data Platform seem to differ from what is outlined on the "Lifecycle & End If LIfe Policy " page (https://resources.flexera.com/web/www/support/lifecycle/policy.html), which states this.

"The lifecycle for a version of a Flexera product consists of a Standard Lifecycle of 3 years for all Flexera products, followed by a Limited Lifecycle."

For  example, v5.4 was released on the 01/11/2017 and Standard Lifecycle support ended on 31/07/2018 which is around 12 months, not 3 years as mentioned in the policy.  Similarly Extended Lifecycle support ended on the 30/11/2018 which was 4 months from the end of the Standard Lifecycle support date.

Is there a reason for this?

Thank you,

Tony.

I believe that this is due to those versions being released before BDNA officially became a part of Flexera.  Technopedia lists those products using the old BDNA Lifecycle policy which stated that the only the latest/current release is in Full Support at any time.  

Jason Lilleboe
Team Lead, Solution Engineering
Flexera

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, so the current version (5.5.0) is supported for 3 years from the GA date.  Is this correct?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,

The dates for Data Platform 5.5 have not been published/defined yet. It is likely to be 3 years, yes, but it will also depend on the next release which does not have a defined release date yet.

We will update the End-of-life table accordingly.

Best regards
Thorsten