cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploymentTechnology value returned 0 back to ServiceNow when it should have returned 8 for ConfigMgr

We had an issue where AppPortal reported back to ServiceNow that the catalog item had an unknown deploymentTechnology value of 0 when we expected it to return 8 for ConfigMgr since that is what the the catalog item is configured to use for deployment.  Previous requests for the same item worked as expected and the next request for that item also succeeded.  I am being asked how that could have happened.

Is there a reason deploymentTechnology would return 0?

Unexpected response:

{"clientTimeZone":0,"useCentralSiteForDeployments":false,"deploymentTechnology":0}

Expected response

{"clientTimeZone":-300,"centralSiteServer":"sccmcas.com","useCentralSiteForDeployments":true,"resourceID":16869286,"deploymentTechnology":8}

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Is this still happening for this device, or did it happen just this once? To determine the "deployment technology" for a given device, App Portal will make the following call against the Config Mgr DB:

"select top 1 Netbios_Name0 from v_R_System_Valid where Netbios_Name0 = '<netBiosName>' and Operating_System_Name_and0 not like '%MAC OS%'

Where "<netBiosName>" is the target machine name. The only thing that I can think of which would cause this is if the device was not found in v_r_system, or perhaps the DB call into SCCM failed at the time.. If the call into the ConfigMgr DB failed, then I'd expect to see something similar to the following in ClientManager.log:

Failed to connect to ConfigMgr server <serverName> and database: <cfgmgr DB Name>

Were the requests for different computers?  Typically, deploymentTechnology=0 means the device is not found in App Broker, or App Broker can't confirm that it is a client managed by one of the configured deployment systems.  Do you see the device under Imported Users and Computers in App Broker?  If not, do you see it in the ConfigMgr console?  If it is under Imported Users and Computers, does the computer show as a valid client in ConfigMgr?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
We have not been able to determine the root cause but the information provided in these responses will be useful if we see this situation again.