cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I confirm App Broker installed application successfully from servicenow request

We have App Broker integrated into Servicenow.  Problem is when someone orders software, it goes through the approval process, and closes the request successfully, but that's only the workflow.  What I don't see is where it installed on the pc successfully.

Is there a log I'm supposed to review or in SCCM?

(1) Solution

The easiest option is probably to use the SLA Dashboard within App Broker.  This will show you tiles with the percentage of successful, failed, and in progress deployments.  You can set the date range to your desired range to see requests from a specific time period.  If you click one of the tiles, it will give you a detail report of which deployments fall into that category.  Alternatively, you could also look under My Requests and check the box for "Show All Requests".  But that view just gives you a list and won't show you aggregate data.  Both options allow you to export the report to Excel/CSV/PDF.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

If you look at the workflow context in ServiceNow, does it show that it even gets to App Broker?  Do you see the request in App Broker?  Can you provide a screenshot of your ServiceNow workflow for that RITM?

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Hey Jim!

The workflow has been restricted from me seeing it.

I can tell you that the installs work.  I request and app, manager approves, install is triggered.

My question is, where do I verify, in either App Broker or SCCM, that the install completed successfully

Oh... I found it under \Monitoring\Overview\Deployments in SCCM.

Also, we are setting the published app in App Broker, under the deployment tab to sent email on failure to my team.  

Question is, how to best administer in a way that we can confirm daily of the request successes?

The easiest option is probably to use the SLA Dashboard within App Broker.  This will show you tiles with the percentage of successful, failed, and in progress deployments.  You can set the date range to your desired range to see requests from a specific time period.  If you click one of the tiles, it will give you a detail report of which deployments fall into that category.  Alternatively, you could also look under My Requests and check the box for "Show All Requests".  But that view just gives you a list and won't show you aggregate data.  Both options allow you to export the report to Excel/CSV/PDF.