cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Reclamation

Hi,

I've got a few questions regarding AppPortal capabilities w/SCCM 2012.

• In a license reclamation scenario, can App Portal be configured to remove the device or user from the collection that deploys the app being removed to prevent them from just reinstalling?

• Does license reclamation allow configuration based on the usage of roaming users, e.g with App-V apps you might target a user and want the license and decision whether to remove (which for App-V would be a simple case of AppPortal removing the user from the user collection) to be based on whether the user is using the application rather than whether the application is being used on a device.

(5) Replies
Hi,

To simplify my original question - how does AppPortal count licenses for App-V applications that are deployed to users as device inventory would not be suitable.

Thanks,
Craig
Hi,

Any comment from Flexera on this - it would help potential customers to understand the capabilities of your product.

Thanks,
Craig
Hi Craig,

If you are a FlexNet Manager Platform (FNMP) user then you should integrate App Portal with FNMP. This will allow you to associate the App Portal catalog item with an entitlement in FNMP. Now that you are integrated, you would use the usage and inventory data from FNMP. Reclaimation is dependent on having an uninstall package/program configured in your deployment system. App Portal would utilize that uninstall package/program to remove the application.

Hope this helps.
CraigD wrote:
Hi,

To simplify my original question - how does AppPortal count licenses for App-V applications that are deployed to users as device inventory would not be suitable.

Thanks,
Craig

Did you get any information on this issue? I'm trying to setup metering for my AppV apps and so far haven't been succesfull. The documentation is not particularily helpfull on this subject as well so any tips you have would be apreciated.

kind regards,

Erwin
Sorry to hear that you are running into problems with using license reclamation for App-V applications. There are two potential paths for enabling license reclamation in App Portal. Method one involves integration into FlexNet Manager Platform (FNMP). The second method is using a legacy method within App Portal. The way you would configure license reclamation for an application would vary depending on which method you are using and have access to. Generally, you need to be able to identify an "installation" of a product and monitor its usage (e.g. SCCM Software Metering). What are you experiencing with trying to reclaim App-V applications? Finally, what version of App Portal are you using?