cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Reclamation - My Apps Tab Not Accessible

When setting up license reclamation for testing (using Winzip as our test product) following the documentation I have enable the My Apps tab in App Broker, and also added Winzip as the product under License Compliance - My Apps. When I try to access the My Apps tab (the main one at the top of the page) I get the following message - You are not associated to any machine to see the Alert(s) / Installed Software(s). I'm logged in using the App Broker service account. How can I get past this/associated with a machine and is this necessary to begin testing?

(2) Solutions

Smart Uninstall is only available if you have explicitly enabled it in the site settings.  To use a standard uninstall program associated with a catalog item, you need to ensure that:

1. The catalog item is associated with the proper Flexera ID in the FNMS properties tab
  2. There is an uninstall associated with the catalog item under the ConfigMgr deployment settings
  3. The catalog item is configured to Enable Uninstallation (Remove from collection).

Then to trigger the reclamation process, you would run the Windows scheduled task to process computers for My Apps alerts.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  I was referring to the FlexNet Manager Suite tab of the catalog item properties...

FlexNet Manager Suite > Mapping tab

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
The user account you log in with must be associated with at least one device in your deployment system (I'm assuming ConfigMgr in this case). If you go into the ConfigMgr console and locate the desired test device under Assets and Compliance, you can right-click it and select Edit Users. Then search for the desired test user (in this case, the App Broker service account) and add it as a primary user of the device.

Thanks Jim. Follow up question on this - I have the product we want to test in the My App License Reclamation Policies list and the customer has an .msi (or something similar for this product) ready to go to uninstall the product from the target test machines. What I'm not clear on at this point is how/where in App Broker do I tell the tool to trigger ConfigMgr to uninstall software using the uninstall package (and not smart uninstall)? 

Smart Uninstall is only available if you have explicitly enabled it in the site settings.  To use a standard uninstall program associated with a catalog item, you need to ensure that:

1. The catalog item is associated with the proper Flexera ID in the FNMS properties tab
  2. There is an uninstall associated with the catalog item under the ConfigMgr deployment settings
  3. The catalog item is configured to Enable Uninstallation (Remove from collection).

Then to trigger the reclamation process, you would run the Windows scheduled task to process computers for My Apps alerts.

All of those steps are now done except for possibly the first one. Exactly where can I find the FNMS properties tab you're referring to? The catalog item is now in the My Apps License Reclamation Policies list and has a Flexera ID associated.

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  I was referring to the FlexNet Manager Suite tab of the catalog item properties...

FlexNet Manager Suite > Mapping tab