cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Apps Keep Selection Questions

We are implementing My Apps in our environment.  We have two questions:

1.) When we tested selecting "Keep" for an application, it sent the global Software/General Catalog Item Request Order email.  We do not understand that.  The user already has the software, they are not requesting anything except to not uninstall it.  How can we turn that off or modify it.  We can't modify the Software/General Catalog Item Request since we use that for our hundreds of catalog items.  We don't understand why it wouldn't use the the ones that were created for My Apps, such as License Reclamation Keep Program - After Submit.

2.) When someone selects Keep - does that prevent My App from sending an uninstall request for a certain amount of time?  Does it start a clock where it won't ask the person if they want to Keep/Uninstall the software again?  Does it depend on what they select in the Keep checkout process?

Thanks,

Joan

(1) Solution

You should be able to go to Settings - Administration - Alert Action Catalog Items and change the Notification tab on the item to the wording you would like to see.  You'll see a selection of notifications to change so you'd want the Software/General Catalog Item Order Request.

When Keep is selected, the time counter is reset to what you configure on the License Reclamation Threshold under My Apps for that software.  If you view the Alerts for that software and the device that the user selected to keep, you should see the Expired column set to Yes.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

You should be able to go to Settings - Administration - Alert Action Catalog Items and change the Notification tab on the item to the wording you would like to see.  You'll see a selection of notifications to change so you'd want the Software/General Catalog Item Order Request.

When Keep is selected, the time counter is reset to what you configure on the License Reclamation Threshold under My Apps for that software.  If you view the Alerts for that software and the device that the user selected to keep, you should see the Expired column set to Yes.

Thank you @TeriStevenson!  We found the Keep notification you mentioned above and modified it.  We tested and that worked. 

However, we also tested the My Apps Uninstall option and that is sending the Software/General Catalog Item Order Request we customized in the catalog item.  We have one catalog item with two deployments - install and uninstall.  So we can't modify that Software/General Catalog Item Order Request for the the Uninstall request.  We thought we could go to the same area Catalog Management - Administration - Alert Action Catalog Items and update the Uninstall Alert Action.  In our test, it still used the Software/General Catalog Item Order Request from the catalog item.  Can we change that?

Oh gosh - I'm not sure why it would still send the out of box notification on uninstall.  I would have thought it would send the custom one on the Alert item.

Thank you for the assistance @TeriStevenson!  I will open a ticket for the remaining part of my question.