cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Used Date in App Broker for Reclamation

Can reclamation for unused software be utilized in App Broker if the FlexNet agent isn't fully deployed? Could SCCM provide the last used date information for applications to App Broker by enabling that feature in the SCCM client?

(1) Solution

By default, SCCM captures last used date/time information for each executable launch on the system.  This data does get passed to FNMS as part of the default SCCM adapter for FNMS.  However, since this is tied to an executable rather than an application, if there is not appropriate evidence in FNMS to map that EXE to the corresponding application, you may not see the usage show up in FNMS.  This can be corrected by adding file evidence to the application so FNMS knows what EXE maps to what application.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

By default, SCCM captures last used date/time information for each executable launch on the system.  This data does get passed to FNMS as part of the default SCCM adapter for FNMS.  However, since this is tied to an executable rather than an application, if there is not appropriate evidence in FNMS to map that EXE to the corresponding application, you may not see the usage show up in FNMS.  This can be corrected by adding file evidence to the application so FNMS knows what EXE maps to what application.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".