cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I limit access in Appbroker?

Hi, 

How do I limit access in appbroker so user only has access to a certain catalog item to request for people?

(1) Solution

You can set catalog permissions for a user under Admin > Site Management > Catalog Security.  If you give a user (or group) "View" access under "Browse Catalog", they will be able to browse the catalog and submit requests.  If you give a user (or group) "Yes" access under "Request on Behalf", they will be able to submit requests on behalf of other users based on the settings you configure on your catalog items (if Request on Behalf is not enabled for a specific catalog item, users will not be able to submit a request on behalf of another user for that catalog item).

If you are trying to give a user access to just one specific catalog item, you would need to use either Category Security (and place the catalog item in a category that the user has access to) or Catalog Item Visibility.  These features are not really intended to exclude access to all catalog items except for one or a few catalog items, but rather they are intended to limit access to a handful of specific catalog items.  If you put restrictions on all of your catalog items using visibility conditions, page rendering performance will suffer.  You may be okay if using only category security to limit access.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@maryle 

It's not clear to me whether you're using App Broker with an ITSM service catalog as self-service front-end to the end-users or whether it's App Portal. For App Portal self-service front-end you may want to reference documentation beginning with Managing Catalog Permissions 

If it's in context of an ITSM self-service catalog then please be more specific in which and also the use case(s), e.g. if it's request on behalf of other people you're looking for.

Thanks,

@JohnSorensenDK

I am trying to only limit access to not the whole AppBroker site ad Admin but only to catalog requests and so they can see their own requests they've made and managed them.

Thanks.

@maryle 

Excuse me, but I'm sure that I'm not correctly understanding your use case(s) that you need addressed.

Is what you're asking about permissions related to Viewing Request Status and Details on the My Requests and Processed Tabs ?

Thanks,

You can set catalog permissions for a user under Admin > Site Management > Catalog Security.  If you give a user (or group) "View" access under "Browse Catalog", they will be able to browse the catalog and submit requests.  If you give a user (or group) "Yes" access under "Request on Behalf", they will be able to submit requests on behalf of other users based on the settings you configure on your catalog items (if Request on Behalf is not enabled for a specific catalog item, users will not be able to submit a request on behalf of another user for that catalog item).

If you are trying to give a user access to just one specific catalog item, you would need to use either Category Security (and place the catalog item in a category that the user has access to) or Catalog Item Visibility.  These features are not really intended to exclude access to all catalog items except for one or a few catalog items, but rather they are intended to limit access to a handful of specific catalog items.  If you put restrictions on all of your catalog items using visibility conditions, page rendering performance will suffer.  You may be okay if using only category security to limit access.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".