cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Error 503 Service un-available - App Portal

Hi Team,

While accessing app portal it's showing "HTTP Error 503 Service un-available". We have checked ESD service but unable to start service. While starting service it's showing mentioned error message: -  Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A 503 error in the browser would generally mean that the SelfService application pool was not running.. Also, you note that the ESD Service can not be started.. I'm guessing that this is a problem with the credentals you are using for both the ESDService, and on the SelfService application pool.. Did you recently change the password on the service account? My suggestion would be to open IIS and reset the identity on the SelfService application pool, to ensure that the credentials are correct.. in addition, reset the credentials on the ESD Service. Note that this behavior could also be a problem with DB Connectivity, so be sure that the DB server is functioning correctly, and that the Service account you are using has the appropriate permissions (Generally DB owner at a minimum).

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

A 503 error in the browser would generally mean that the SelfService application pool was not running.. Also, you note that the ESD Service can not be started.. I'm guessing that this is a problem with the credentals you are using for both the ESDService, and on the SelfService application pool.. Did you recently change the password on the service account? My suggestion would be to open IIS and reset the identity on the SelfService application pool, to ensure that the credentials are correct.. in addition, reset the credentials on the ESD Service. Note that this behavior could also be a problem with DB Connectivity, so be sure that the DB server is functioning correctly, and that the Service account you are using has the appropriate permissions (Generally DB owner at a minimum).