cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Parser error after upgrade to SP1

I upgraded our development environment on 1/15 and since the upgrade the MailParser_error.log has the error below every  5 minutes and the MailParser.log has not looked for any pending approvals since the upgrade. I uninstalled SP1 and the error in the error log went away and the MailaParser,log showed checking for updates again.

Unexpected error in AutoApproveEmailsFromMailBox : Could not load file or assembly 'MailKit, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4e064fe7c44a8f1b' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at AppPortal.Infrastructure.Services.MailParserService.ConnectToIMAPServer(MailParserConfiguration configuration, String& errormessage)
at AppPortal.Infrastructure.Services.MailParserService.TestMailboxConfiguration(MailParserConfiguration config, String& errormessage, String domain)
at AppPortal.Infrastructure.Services.MailParserService.AutoApproveEmailsFromMailBox()

(1) Solution
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Teri,
     This was directly related to the hotfix that I had sent to you.. The hotfix upgraded the version of MailKit.dll (as well as a few others) to the latest version.. The new AppPortal.Infrastructure.services.dll that was part of the hotfix had a dependency on this newest version of MailKit.dll.. When you upgraded to SP1, it actually installed an older version of  AppPortal.Infrastructure.services.dll , which had a dependency on the older version of MailKit.dll, but the SP1 install did not touch MailKit.dll, so you ended up with the wrong version... 

Long story short, you will want to stay on 2019 R1, until the same hotfix is available for 2019 R1 SP1. I can probably get this built once I have a fix for the issue that you were having with notes not being added to the rejected request (still trying to track this one down).

Charles

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Teri,
     This was directly related to the hotfix that I had sent to you.. The hotfix upgraded the version of MailKit.dll (as well as a few others) to the latest version.. The new AppPortal.Infrastructure.services.dll that was part of the hotfix had a dependency on this newest version of MailKit.dll.. When you upgraded to SP1, it actually installed an older version of  AppPortal.Infrastructure.services.dll , which had a dependency on the older version of MailKit.dll, but the SP1 install did not touch MailKit.dll, so you ended up with the wrong version... 

Long story short, you will want to stay on 2019 R1, until the same hotfix is available for 2019 R1 SP1. I can probably get this built once I have a fix for the issue that you were having with notes not being added to the rejected request (still trying to track this one down).

Charles

Ah ok - thanks Charles, this makes sense.  I removed SP1, put the hotfix back in, ran an iis reset and approvals are going out.