cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does App Portal suport TLS 1.2

The server team just disabled TLS 1.0 in our environment via GPO.  It broke out integration with ITSM (Remedy).  We re-enabled it and it is workig now.  How do we make App Portal TLS 1.2 compliant?
We have .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.6 installed.  Can we upgrade to 4.7?

(2) Solutions

TLS 1.2 is transparent to App Portal.  You should be able to resolve your issue if you take a look at my responses to this other post here.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

Thank you jdempsey, we did add those registry entries from the article but also needed to upgrade our .Net Framework to 4.7. Additionally, we added targetFramework="4.6"/ to the App Portal web.config file so the line was updated to: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="40960" targetFramework="4.6"/> After we did that, we disabled TLS 1.0 and App Portal still was able to communicate with all of our external systems (SCCM, FNMS and Remedy).

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Forgot to mention we are on App Portal 2017 R2 SP1

TLS 1.2 is transparent to App Portal.  You should be able to resolve your issue if you take a look at my responses to this other post here.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
Thank you jdempsey, we did add those registry entries from the article but also needed to upgrade our .Net Framework to 4.7. Additionally, we added targetFramework="4.6"/ to the App Portal web.config file so the line was updated to: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="40960" targetFramework="4.6"/> After we did that, we disabled TLS 1.0 and App Portal still was able to communicate with all of our external systems (SCCM, FNMS and Remedy).