cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Portal showing blanks for User/Group names

App Portal seems to show blanks for the User/Group names under the admin security and catalog permissions tabs. The permissions are still being applied as expected. Any idea why App Portal would show a blank for user and groups? It makes it difficult to manage the users and groups if they cannot be identified in the portal.

(1) Solution

Turns out the issue was related to a domain added to the unique username that was not in the list of AD forests. We added a mapping for the domain and that fixed the issue. Once that was added then the groups show as expected.

Thanks CharlesW

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Try running the following query against the App Broker DB:

update WD_AppSettings
set value = 'True'
where keyname = 'HasUntrustedDomains'

After doing this, perform an iisreset.. This tells App Broker to use a different set of calls into AD, which often times resolves this type of issue.

Thanks,
Charles

I was also going to suggest HasUntrustedDomains.  Please note that even in normal operations (assuming you resolve the issue) you may see blanks for some users/groups and not others.  This is generally an indication that those users/groups are no longer valid in AD.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

The HasUntrustedDomains is already set to true. And the users/groups are definitely valid and active in AD. The issue still persists.

I see that you have a support case open for this, and a call is scheduled for tomorrow to discuss. I'll join this call.. Prior to this, if you could enable verbose logging, reproduce the issue, and then upload a set of verbose logs, that may be helpful. 

P.S. Interesting that the issue does not happen if you disable SSO.. Makes me think that perhaps the logged in user is getting looked up incorrectly, possibly due to the data in the SSO response.. If the Dev environment is working, with SSO enabled, I don't think that it is directly related to SSO itself. 

Turns out the issue was related to a domain added to the unique username that was not in the list of AD forests. We added a mapping for the domain and that fixed the issue. Once that was added then the groups show as expected.

Thanks CharlesW