cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker Support for ServiceNow Paris

What is the expected timeline for App Broker to support ServiceNow Paris? Are there any expected changes with Paris that could cause compatibility problems with current App Broker versions? The customer I'm working with now has already begun upgrading to Paris and is running App Broker 2019R1.

(1) Solution

I was told by Engineering that there were no changes required to the update set between Madrid and New York/Orlando and that the only difference was the file name.  There were some changes made in the App Broker code base for 2020 R1 to address some issues with the catalog/icon sync, as well as some new ServiceNow role requirements documented for the integration account.  To Charlie's point, if you are configuring App Broker integration for the first time on a brand new ServiceNow instance that has not been upgraded from earlier releases of ServiceNow, they have removed some of the default modules that App Broker uses for integration.  If you are in this situation, you may need to work with ServiceNow to have those "legacy" modules enabled in your instance.  However, if you have previously been using App Broker with an earlier release of ServiceNow and are simply upgrading that instance to New York/Orlando, then you should not have any issues and should not need to do anything special to get that integration working.  I would expect the same to hold true for Paris, but we won't know for sure until that has gone through full integration testing by Engineering.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

App Broker2020 R1 was just released in August, and this included "official" support for both New York and Orlando.. We have not yet tested against Paris.. To my knowledge, no changes were necessary in order to support either New York or Orlando, so I'd not expect many difficulties if you were to upgrade to Paris.. I believe that there was an issue if setting up a new instance of ServiceNow New York or Orlando (rather than upgrading).. If Jim D sees this he may be able to elaborate more on what the issue was..

I'm hoping to get official support for Paris Added in the 2021R1 release, but I do net yet have a firm commitment...

I was told by Engineering that there were no changes required to the update set between Madrid and New York/Orlando and that the only difference was the file name.  There were some changes made in the App Broker code base for 2020 R1 to address some issues with the catalog/icon sync, as well as some new ServiceNow role requirements documented for the integration account.  To Charlie's point, if you are configuring App Broker integration for the first time on a brand new ServiceNow instance that has not been upgraded from earlier releases of ServiceNow, they have removed some of the default modules that App Broker uses for integration.  If you are in this situation, you may need to work with ServiceNow to have those "legacy" modules enabled in your instance.  However, if you have previously been using App Broker with an earlier release of ServiceNow and are simply upgrading that instance to New York/Orlando, then you should not have any issues and should not need to do anything special to get that integration working.  I would expect the same to hold true for Paris, but we won't know for sure until that has gone through full integration testing by Engineering.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".