cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote Repackager doesn't work

I installed Adminstudio 9.5 Enterprise to my local Workstation (Win XP Prof SP3). I have activated Adminstudio and everything works fine.
Then i installed inside VmWare Workstation 6.5 a clean machine (Win XP Prof SP3) for repackaging. When i try to start repackager or repackaging wizard on the VMWare machine absolutly nothing happens adn the programs don't start!!

I deinstalled the remote repackager and reinstalled it targeting to another workstation with Adminstudio 9.5 Prof and everthing works fine.

What is the problem with remote repackager from Adminstudio 9.5 Enterprise ?
(5) Replies
Hi There,

If nothing appears to be happening, I wonder if the application is even launching?

Can you check with Process Monitor to see if the process is starting, and if so, how far along it gets?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
Hi,

sorry for digging out this old thread, but I've got the same problem with my fully activated AdminStudio 10 Professional!

After double-clicking the Repackaging Wizard link on the desktop of my clean machine "repack.exe" starts for a few seconds and the quits without ever showing any window!

Quick help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Christian.
Hi Christian,

I would recommend generating a Process Monitor log and posting it to see if that gives a clue as to what's happening.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Christian,

Also try contacting Support. They may be able to help you with this issue.

Thanks!
I had the same problem and was able to solve it.

2 things you have to do to use remote packager that aren't well documented

1. Make sure the \\server\c$\Program files\adminstudio\X.X\common\ folder on the server is accessible and add it to your path statement. (this gets rid of the dll missing error)

2. Install the Visual C++ 2008 runtime from MS. (without this the program launches for 2 seconds then closes)

BTW - you can use the remote packager when running in eval mode.