cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Another 2343

We are trying to create an installation for Microsoft Access 97 -- to be installed on Windows XP platforms. We have attempted to do this both by using the InstallMonitor to create a new package and snapshotting the system before and after installatio...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extract files location...

I have a vendor .msi that was built as a compressed .msi (contains all the files needed for a successfull install), is there a way to tell the msi to extract the files to a specific location from within the .msi on install?HELP!!!Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling an external program

I'm having a problem using InstallShield along with a third party software. Since this program gets updated frequently and that I don't have time to repackage the whole program everytime. So I decided to use InstallShield to change settings in the pr...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Transform for an isScript-driven Installation

What's the best way of customising an installation that uses the isScript engine? Our standard is to create a transform for the MSI but with an isScript-driven installation, the first obstacle is that Tuner can't create a Response transform. I'm sure...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating the installation of Acrobat printers on Windows XP...

Hi, I repackaged the installer for Acrobat 5.0.5 French version into the Windows Installer format (MSI) using InstallShield Admin studio. The Acrobat Distiller and PDFwriter printers get installed statically via the usual file copy and static registr...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing Isolate Applications Wizard icon

1) I'm running AdminStudio v5 and I can't seem to find where the 'Isolate Applications Wizard' icon is located.From the attached Word document, you can see AdminStudio's main page with 'no' Isolate Applications Wizard icon on the left hand pane, as m...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager v5 chokes on our NT image

Hello,We currently package software using Tivoli (software package editor and autopack control center). When we perform snapshots with these tools, they pick up two entries "c:\winnt\?"... and of course those files don't exist, so we've always just p...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supplied MSI's created with Install Shield

Hi All,I'm a Windows 2000 systems administrator at a company that uses Group Policy to deploy it's software. We therefore either Publish (most common) or assign applications to OU's within the AD.My problem is that increasingly software houses are cr...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling MSI's

Hi All,Having finished the majority of our packaging activity we are now deploying the msi packages via sms. This works fine.We have, however, found it necessary to manually call the msi's.Is there a nice front end to manually call MSI's or have peop...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos