cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Conditionnally set the target to a shortcut

Hi,I want to create a shortcut to an existing exe file on the file system.On win95 machines, the exe is in [windowsfolder] while on nt/2000 machines the exe is in [systemfolder]If I specify only the exe file as the shortcut target, without any path, ...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Studio Beta 3.5 & Tuner

Hi,I recently installed the new AdminStudio beta 3.5.With previous version (3.01), when I was creating transform files that added files to the installation, those files were included into the mst file.Now, with version 3.5, those files are not includ...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What can can go into a transform

We are looking at MSI creation software (such as AdminStudio), but want to know what can be included in MST files?Can you and serial # and other user input items?What we are wanting to do is automate AutoDesk Autocad software installs. We can use a ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build error 6090 (IS 3.54)

Okay, of course this error is not in the documentation. Everytime I upgrade from an earilier version and try to build the project, I get an error like the following one:Dialog OutOfSpace for language English (United States) built ** Error: -6090: The...

long_s by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallShield Documentation Standardization

We at InstallShield are in the process of standardizing all of our online help systems, and we would appreciate your input.1. Currently, the AdminStudio Help Library organizes procedural/task-based help together under one top-level section in the Con...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error on MSIs that add file associations

Whenever I create an MSI for an install that adds files associations I get a "Error 1306: Another Application has exclusive access to the file C:\WINNT\security\tmp.edb. PLease shut down all other applications, then click retry" when I try to install...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

providing Admin privlidges during install?

Can anyone tell me which products might allow the install package to upgrade a user to Admin during install and then reduce them back to their normal privlidge afterwards?I have several hundred users with no admin rights but they are all over North A...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need MSI file to configure Users Profiles

I want to create installations for all users and keep them in single MSI files. Those files could be installed from a CD-Rom so I don't want the setup to ask for the source each time a new users starts the application.Is there any to prevent the setu...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos