cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

hardware driver installation trouble

I use Repackager and Author to create MSI packages for Windows NT4.0.I'm always having a lot of trouble capturing hardware driver installations, my installs always error out.Here's my current example,Error 1923: service SSIPDDP Parrallel Port Device ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 3204 when building

HiI'm building a package with Author and get the following error message :Error 3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file...tuxcmr.exe for icon tuxcmr_1.exeI can't find a reference to tuxcmr_1.exe in my project ??The icon exists and is visible...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Append to Path Statement Issues

I am new to the product and am having some difficulty finding out how to search for a file and append it to the path statement. Pls Help...thnxs...Debonairone...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting AllUsers permissions with AdminStudio Author

hai,I am new to AdminStudio, I have to repack existing packages or softwares using Repackager(Admin Studio) into an msi. my Application's destination folder is program files , this application has some database files(mdb). I want to give permissions(...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with adminstudio with most applications

There is a problem when you package most(any in my opinion)apps with install shield 3.01 and with previous versions. Install shield puts in rubbish when you install the msi package(once packaged with admin studio) when it registers the _com files in ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Maintenance

I would like to carry out a complete install each time my setup.exe is launched.The Project Property 'Enable Maintenance' seems to be what I need.This is not working, though, and every alternate time I run my setup I am put into maintenance mode. I ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

advertising and basic users

Hello,I have another dummy question I'd like help on.I install a soft as an admin (per machine installation).I have advertised shortcuts (if not, they don't appear but I think I have missed something).If I log as a basic user (standard->with power) a...

How to remove files after installation

Hi,I think I read somewhere that there is a way to have files copied only for the purpose of the installation and then deleted at the end of the installation.But I can't remember how to do this?Does anyone know?Thanks

bertilh by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

validation

Hello,there's something wrong with validation messages such as ice86. It is written "found xxx in column ccc". It should be "found xxx in table ttt".Is that normal? It has upset me, I've been looking for columns...