cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Install Path

I'm pretty familiar at this point with using and installing MSI files, but still fairly new at creating/editing - so this may be a very basic question.I use a GPO and replicated DFS to push out MSI packages for about 9 apps (Acro Reader, Groupwise 6,...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wise / Installshield comparrison

My company is going fully AD soon and the want to push ALL of our applications as MSI files through Group Policies. They went out and purchased Wise For Windows Installer to repackage the apps. I am having a few problems with WISE and was wondering a...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HEEELP! Shortcut's target pointing to network drive

HiI start getting really upset with trying to do something that MIGHT seem very simple to do.I simply want to make a setup that creates a shortcut pointing to T:\DIRECTORY\FILE.EXE. Easy, isn't it?Well I can't get this setup working because I get an...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

INI path isuues

Hi All,Although i opened a service request on the next follwing issue, i wanted to know how many of you had this issue before, if ever.This happens only in Repackager and not via the Author.The official workaround so far is using the 3.5 Beta, which ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

pb with all user vs current user installation

helloi have adminstudio 3.01 and os is Windows XP, Msi acrobat 5.05.I set the AllUsers parameter to 1 for alluser installation but when i log in user mode and try to launch acrobat, it install and configurating each time.How can i set properly for a ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch as a nested installation

Hi,I was wondering if it is possible to include a patch (MSP) in a MSI package as a nested installation.If the answer is yes, what is the best way to do this?Thanks

bertilh by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very Simple Install

I need to repackage an existing software installation program.I just want to build an MSI project that stores and launch this program with apropriate command line parametes. No user interface is needed (just a progress bar).Please Help me.

omatrot by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

where are my registry keys?

I have just tried to repackage a large piece of software and repackager (with default options) has not captured any of the registry keys. I know that there are plenty of them. My .nir file does not contain them either.looeee

looeee by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transforms for Installshield Adminstudio 3.01

Problems with the seriel number. Syntax ? I have tried xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx and and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. But it says wrong seriel number when i install with the transforms ?When i Validate the MSI fil i get 1 Error ?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conditionnally set the target to a shortcut

Hi,I want to create a shortcut to an existing exe file on the file system.On win95 machines, the exe is in [windowsfolder] while on nt/2000 machines the exe is in [systemfolder]If I specify only the exe file as the shortcut target, without any path, ...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos