cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5.1

After creating the .inc file for this install and converting this to an .ism file I am receiving the following error during the conversionMapping file extensions and MIME types from registry information to the Extension and MIME tables1) Warning: Und...

SLGizmo by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local group

Is there any way to add a domain user to a local administrators group via InstallShield ?Im using a Windows XP machine.Chris

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie Question - Advertised Shortcuts

Sorry if this a silly question, but I am having a little problem with all of the setup I have tried to repackage.I have repacked a number of setups (WinZip, Acrobat Reader,etc) on a completely clean PC and as Administrator. These have been repackaged...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended Best Practices???

I have a few questions regarding building a packaging team. If you were forced to bring in additional members from within your company to form a "package building team" who have virtually little to no experience building packages of any sort, what s...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

operating system specific???

can i create a package on a windows 2000 pc and send it to windows 98 pcs??do i have to create a package on the exact operating system of the target pcs?? thanks for the help

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

No language support for the project. + Windows XP

During a Windows XP repackaging conversion, the conversion fails with the error message "No language support for the project."This issue is intermittent and I am uncertain why the error occurrs.Has anyone seen this?

repackager + vmware

i have previously used vmware for creating normal packages as it is quick and easy. under version3 adminstudio and 3.10vmware i could use a network repackager without problems. however now i have to install the repackager on the machine. then i can r...

Registry question

I have this regitry file that Im trying to create a .msi.Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559A1F6-21D7-11D4-BDAF-00C04F60B9F0}]@="YOURNAME""InfoTip"="YOURNAME"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2559a1f6-21d7-11d4-bdaf-00c04f60b9f...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Tuner to create resonse transforms

I'm trying to create a response transform for Corel Ventura 10.I run the Tuner, specify the MSI and the MST name.I then click on Create Response Transform. The installation executes and I go through and provide all of the responses I would like to h...

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installshield Author

Hi, What exactly does "Warning: Not creating ServiceControl entries for Service: 'IPSECSHM' since the StartType is 3"?I've been trying to repackage the Nortel Networks Contivity VPN Client v4.10 using the RePackager and everytime I ran and compile it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos