cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Tuner with 2 transforms

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am using the Tuner product to create a transform for a product. The x.msi file is installed via an Administrative Install. I am trying to create a transform file, by entering the x.msi file, an additional y.mst file and then my z.mst file. I am receiving a message that the y.mxt can only be used with an administrative install.
The next message says that Installation not complete Failure to create a transform.
The next message says that No MSI database is currently opened.

Has anyone run into this problem before when creating transforms?

Thanks,
Sheila
(2) Replies
Do you want to create an additional transform for a Windows Installer package (.msi) with an existing transform (.mst), or have you done this and are having difficulty at installation? Are you getting messages in Tuner while working with the transform, or are the messages you are getting occurring at installation?

If you have a Windows Installer package and an existing transform, and want to create an additional transform in Tuner, go to the Create Transform view. Specify the Base Windows Installer Package (.msi). Then list any existing transform(s) in the Provide a List of Additional Transforms field. Then specify the new transform path/name under Windows Installer Transforms and click "Create Blank Transform". The new transform will display your base .msi with and existing transforms applied. Any changes you make will not affect your base .msi or any existing transforms you listed. Changes you make/save will go in the new transform.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Nan,
Thanks for your update. I will try it. I believe that I could not get it to work with Tuner and I was trying to create a response file. I will try your suggestion.

Sheila