cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Conflict with previous version of Windows Installer

My company just purchased AdminStudio 3.5. We are using Active Directory to deploy our software. The problem I have found is that all of our users have Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2. And if I create an .msi package, it will not install on the ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suppress "application in use" message

I've built an installation to use just a basic UI (just want a progress bar). It's built just the way I want it except for one User prompt that I can't figure out how to get rid of.During the install I get a Window that states that there are other ap...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager/LegacyConverter not converting ini file

I'm trying to convert an IS6.x installation into an MSI installation using AdminStudio. Everything is OK (solveable problems :-)) except for one piece.One .ini file loses lines through the conversion. A brief snippet containing 2 sections will demo...

tyler5 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall via add/remove not working properly

I'll start off saying this forum has helped a great deal in my efforts with installshield.... Thank you...But here's another...I have a number of apps that have been repackaged that have been developed with installshield 3.5 and developer 7.0.When I ...

Invalid active language error

I have adminstudio 3.5 with admin packs 1 and 2 installed.After taking a snap shot of a particular program I then procedded to run the the legacy conversion wizard to create an .ism file.Wile trying to run the Developer 8.0 I received the following m...

Java

I have been attempting to repackage Java 1.3.0-C, on a Windows XP Pro machine, and I am running into a minor glitch with my package.While Java does appear to install the way I want it, the control panel application (or trying to run the C:\WINDOWS\sy...

BUpson by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Uninstall!?!?!

Let's say I have a package for Adobe Acrobat 5.1 and I want to deploy this package to my users. All of my users have Adobe Acrobat 5.05 on their machines (Keep in mind that 5.05 was installed manually). How can I customize my package to completely ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Editing Files...

How do I insert several lines into both the "Hosts" & "Services" files without deleting anything else? I need to automate this in a package!An exact script to do this would be great!Thanks for your help!Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to set permissions

In my opinion the best way to append security and retain inheritance is to call a custom action to use Windows XP’s calcs.exe. Please not the following syntax:To run program already on System as Custom ActionLocation: Stored in the Directory TableSo...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to solve my MSI conflict?

Hello guys and girls. Here is my problem. I created an msi of one of our VB apps on a clean system. The msi works perfectly with other apps that we use (Office, Winzip, Adobe, Cognos..etc) The only app that i am having problem with is WRQ's Reflectio...

dynamox by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos