cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Using Tuner with 2 transforms

I am using the Tuner product to create a transform for a product. The x.msi file is installed via an Administrative Install. I am trying to create a transform file, by entering the x.msi file, an additional y.mst file and then my z.mst file. I am ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bartender Transform

I've created a transform for a .msi based software installation. In the transform I delete the uninstall shortcut that gets created yet it still gets created once installed. I've even edited the original .msi shortcut table and removed the create u...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem when repackaging and deployig in AD

I am trying to repackage and deploy RealOne Player, and have had some limited success...I have a MSI-file that works just fine when running it locally, but when I deploy it in my Active Directory I start to run into problems.If I assign it to a GPO a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP Printer not installing-UPDATED

Ok,I've made some progress. I have it to where the installer works fine and the printer will show up, but only after a reboot. The original .exe installer does not require a reboot on my 2000/XP systems. Is there a way I can modify the msi file so th...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Out of disk error

I have just created a custom msi from pagemaker 7 and when I run the msi I get the following error at the start of the file copyout of disk space - volume 'everyone'; required space 15kb available space 0kb free some space and try again.Has anyone co...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office XP Upgrade from 97

Does anyone know an easy way to upgrade office 97 to XP while using the MST files? I have created them, and it doesn't uninstall the Office97, like it does when ran from the CD.All questions are answered the same, yet the old app is still there.I ha...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with registry !

Hi, I have an ICE03 error invalid format string; RemoveRegistry.The value is -"3IvBVn-}f(YR]eAR6.jiCalendarControl>)mT]jI{jf(=1&L[-81-]I have tried to add the [\] to the string around the { and ]s but to no avail, can anyone show me where to add the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library of how-to

Hello everybodyI'm currently busy making .msi packaged of various legacy software - mostly standard software: MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Winzip, various other older MS applications, and utilities. While creating these packages, I try to documen...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripts

Could someone please show me how to incorporate this script at the beginning of my package?Run, C:\\WINNT\\System32\\runas.exe /user:%computername%\\Administrator "C:\\packages\\tracemaster\\setup.exe"This will enable a regular user on a Windows 2000...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corel Draw 11 install problem

I am trying to get corel draw Graphics Suite 11 to install. It comes as an MSI but it can only be installed via the setup.exe file. I have seen a post on the corel site that says I need to remove the action 'ISVerifyScriptingRuntime', which seems to ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos