cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dissapearing lines in ini files and things

just a quicky though 🙂

if i have an ini file for a program that i repackage with commented out lines [using ;] then these lines are missing from the ini file following the repack. is there a way to stop this?

In a (i think) related question. Sometimes when i run the conversion wizard it displays a message saying an entry in the clsid table was wrong, leaving it out of the package (sorry can't remember the exact phrase) and it removes all of these ghosts from the image. problem is i don't want it to for a lot of them. is this behaviour normal/required and can i stop it?
(2) Replies
My guess is this happens when you use snapshot method. The reason is if you see the INC file, the .ini file is captured under AddINI section. You will see that it captures all data except the comments. This INI file data is then populated in MSI INIFile table and installd only the relevant section. If you use InstallMonitor the .ini file is captured under the InstallFileList section. This file gets installed through msi File table so you will probably see complete .ini file with comments getting installed.
The problem i have is that these ini files already exist on the target pc, I was originally just snapshotting the install and overwriting the old ini file (caused problems) now i am playing around with actually editing and writing these ini files at install time. confusing stuff, but getting there now. I have all the out commented lines, but they always goto the bottom of the new ini, not to the correct section? will play more.