cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install does not work in Active Directory Group Policies

I have repackaged an install as an MSI and it will work if I install it manually. But when I put the install into the group policy it errors out, here is the message:

Product: -- Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 RT32-bit - , ODBC error 12: Invalid install path. Verify that the file Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 RT32-bit - SMAPP exitst and that you can access it.

I have checked and the files are there but I am unsure what to look for. I also get the following error message:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11406
Date: 2/6/2003
Time: 8:58:57 AM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Product: -- Error 1406.Could not write value VersionMinor to key UNKNOWN\Products\0B370958B1B5E744187F8BF5FAA42C8E\InstallProperties. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I cannot find this in the install at all. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark
(1) Reply
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your questions regarding those installer errors. For the 1918 error, the most common cause seems to involve the MDAC or Jet files, and that either upgrading or simply reinstalling them could fix the problem.

As to the 1406 error, check out Q107090 in the Knowledge Base on what to look for (they give about 6 different possibilities).

Hope this helps.