cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Adding an Internet link

Has anyone managed to add an Internet shortcut to a msi file?Clearly, I'm repackaging a program that has a part of it on a web site and I want to had a link on the desktop to this site.

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

interactive installation

I want to ad a rule in a .mst which asks me for insert a value that will be put in a registrykey...That value is something that depends where the program will be installed, example an IP adres...Thanks,Bandit

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 97

Hi EveryoneI've been trying for the past week to create a .msi of a total installation of MS Office 97.Unfortunately I keep running into the same problem:When the package is installed, everything works ok, but when i afterwards create a new user and ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing a file and its path during uninstall

I am using a custom action to call an executible and place a file in my installation directory. On uninstall, this custom action is not run (by design).As it is now, the file is left with the installdir after uninstall. i.e."C:\Program Files\Compan...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid DefaultDir string;

This is for SAP 6.2C2. When I attempt to install the package I receive an "Internal Error 2714. TEXT_P~1|TEXT/PLAIN".I get these when I validate my package:ICE03 Error Invalid DefaultDir string; Table: Directory, Column: DefaultDir, Key(s): IMAGE_BM...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI Edits Need some clarification

Where do i make the edits for "additional servers" This is a field that i can find in TUNER but if I am to make a "template" i need to know where this field is in the MSI package itself. Maybe I have been to general in my quesitons. I have about 20 s...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action Runs During UNINSTALL

I am utilizing a custom action which calls a script to copy files during an install....unfortunately, this custom action also runs during UNINSTALL. I am new to InstallShield and would like some help with this....Thanks,Scandler

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[ERROR] : Repackager

Hello world,My problem is on a clean windows 95 when a start the repacker (installation standalone) and i use the multiple steps options. An error occur the message is "An unsupported operation was attempted"I look in the repack.log file and the last...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Uninstall!?!?!

Does anyone have a script for a custom action that would uninstall a particular product (program directory as well as shortcuts)?Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to modify any table with automation

Hello,I succeeded to modify a project (.ism) with another one with automation only int the Property tableIs a simple way to do the same in another table ? (the Directory one for exemple)My working code :set BIBProject = CreateObject ("ISWiAutomation....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos