cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Conversion Options

When should I use this option in the Legacy Conversion Wizard?

"Make HKEY_CURRENT_USER entries available to all user accounts created after installation".

I've noticed that if its enabled my packages aren't always available to newly added users to a give machine and then there are times that when I've checked it software will be available to newly added users to a given machine. I know there a few other variables that could affect this option (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks,

Bryan
(1) Reply
Hi I've been thinking about this option too...

This would only be useful on an OS that does not have activedesktop since the new shell renders this obsolete due to selfrepair/advertising/reg keypaths, etc.
This means that it could only be useful on Win95/WinNT4 or for apps without advertised features

On Win9X these keys are used when creating a new account on the machine.

if you had roaming profiles then they would not be used as those accounts get created on Domain Controlers.

On WinNT the HKU\.Default account is used by the System User and I would not reccomend that you use this setting if there is a risk of screwing up your System user account.

I don't know when this option would be useful which is why it is not selected by default

looeee