cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Unable to make transform files

I'm trying to build a transform file for one of my project.Everything goes fine until I test the mst. I get the message "The Installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package. You must run setup.exe."Are there any ways to get rid of th...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat 5.05 full version

Hello!I have been trying to repackage the Adobe Acrobat 5.05 Full version with Destiller and PDF Writer, but with no success regarding the Printer and the Destiller.When running the initial setup.exe trough InstallShield Adminstudio 5.0, the Destille...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Error 2343

I am using AdminStudio 3.5w/vp2.I am trying to repackage WorkingModel2D 5.0. Everthing seems to complie fine from the Legacy Conversion Wizard. However, when I try to run the newly created msi, I get internal error 2343. I cannot find anything in...

eclayp by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quality Monitor question

I just started working with Quality Monitor in Admin Studio 5.0 SP1 and had some questions.In the Class ID view, under the failed items, is there an explaination why these items didn't register? Does Quality Monitor suggest dependant dll's or ocx's t...

am9518 by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developer Not Advertising Shortcuts with Intellimirror

When any MSI is built with Developer 8 and distributed with Intellimirror, after the Add/Remove Program entry is installed the installed shortcut is not advertising and not installing the rest of the program. Has anyone encountered this peculiar beha...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

QualityMonitor

Hi,I have just installed AdminStudio 5 Eval and trying to use QualityMonitor to test my Office97 msi package. For some reason QualityMonitor does not pick it up as one of the installed applications on by machine. It picks up all the other msi's fin...

Patching Dilema

Hi FolksFirst post so go gentle with me ok? Right... I have an MSI Package that needs an Upgrade (manual replacement of Executable, DLL and assorted System Files).I dont have the .ISM or .INC files for the Original Package because it was created by a...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager

I am a new AdminStudio 5 user. I have used Repackager to get before and after snapshots of an app install. Now I want to build the .msi file. I receive this message: Starting conversionThen I receive this error: Invalid path : %sI created a text ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing [INSTALLDIR]

I have an application package that depends on an ini file that is parsed with install script code.In this ini file the INSTALLDIR is defined.However I try I don't seem to be able to get the installation to recognise that I have changed this property ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI Package not created-rookie

I have been trying to create my first msi package (adobe reader 5.1.0).After I monitor the install and go to the Repackaged Output Options page. I have been selecting Create a Windows Installer Package (msi) after creating the developer project. I ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos