cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackager

I am a new AdminStudio 5 user. I have used Repackager to get before and after snapshots of an app install. Now I want to build the .msi file. I receive this message: Starting conversionThen I receive this error: Invalid path : %sI created a text ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing [INSTALLDIR]

I have an application package that depends on an ini file that is parsed with install script code.In this ini file the INSTALLDIR is defined.However I try I don't seem to be able to get the installation to recognise that I have changed this property ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI Package not created-rookie

I have been trying to create my first msi package (adobe reader 5.1.0).After I monitor the install and go to the Repackaged Output Options page. I have been selecting Create a Windows Installer Package (msi) after creating the developer project. I ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QualityMonitor 5.0 SP1 Error

I start using the QualityMonitor feature. It gives me an error when running the tool "Unable to monitor the application execution. See the Help Library topic "Running QualityMonitor Lockdown and Runtime Tests in Restricted Environments" for more deta...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio v5 and Developer v8.2

AdminStudio v5 and Developer v8.2To some this may be a silly question but I don’t know the answer and is not prepared to just jump in and find the answers the hard way.Question: I have Developer v8 installed on my pc, does AdminStudio replace Dev 8 (...

george by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Monitor vs. Snapshot

So which one is better, Install Monitor or the old Snapshot? Is there any way to take a snap shot and use the Install Monitor and import the data from both into one package?

am9518 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle 8i client error 1305

I have tried numerous times to create an MSI for installing Oracle 8i. I am using admin studio 3.5 and have tried repackager as well as creating an ipf with SMS installer and converting it to an msi. Each time I receive the error 1305. Has anyone ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am unable to run MSI directly, must run setup.exe?

To Anyone:I trying to create a transform file (.MST) for an existing MSI file, but when I attempt to create a response file, I recieve the following error message:"1: This installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package. You must run...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC Control Panel Not Displaying Data Source.

I have a repackaged app that install MDAC 2.7 and some ODBC source Info. When the package in installed the ODBC Info is pouplated to the Registry but when I open the Data souce Contol panel there is nothing there. Have any of you see this before. P...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos