cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Oracle 8i client error 1305

I have tried numerous times to create an MSI for installing Oracle 8i. I am using admin studio 3.5 and have tried repackager as well as creating an ipf with SMS installer and converting it to an msi. Each time I receive the error 1305. Has anyone ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

I am unable to run MSI directly, must run setup.exe?

To Anyone:I trying to create a transform file (.MST) for an existing MSI file, but when I attempt to create a response file, I recieve the following error message:"1: This installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package. You must run...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ODBC Control Panel Not Displaying Data Source.

I have a repackaged app that install MDAC 2.7 and some ODBC source Info. When the package in installed the ODBC Info is pouplated to the Registry but when I open the Data souce Contol panel there is nothing there. Have any of you see this before. P...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote repackager blues....

Remote repackager( AS 5.0 Proff, InstallMonitor Technique) from a NT 4 machine does not capture the installation at all, except shortcuts. Is this behavior being observer by anyone else also or am I doing something wrong...Things I did:Created a mapp...

Duplicate Entries in add/remove programs

I am doing an install of Homesite v4.5 from a Snapshot capture and when I go into add/remove it shows the MSI Homesite v4.5.1 and Homesite 4.5 as options to change/remove. Yet if I select either option on Homesite 4.5 nothing happens and when I sele...

SLGizmo by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Studio 5.0 Eval

I have the eval copy of Admin Studio and I have been working with it for a few day with no issues. Now I come accross a package that I try to Repackage and I get an error message that says "Unable to load installation data file due to insufficient me...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 2343... again

I have seen many messages about the error 2343 in this forum, but there are no answer that solves my problem.I get the 2343 error message before anything else happens.When I start my package, it checks the OS version, configure the Windows Installer ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question to repackagers!!!

To those of you who have repackaged Winzip. When you install your package and a new user logs in does Windows Installer run briefly to create keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Actually this applies to any application that creates keys under HKEY_CURREN...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapped Drive letters

How do I add a shortcut to a file that lives on a server when the way to it is via a mapped drive letter.I want to set a shortcut to a program on the O drive but when I try to install the app via active directory it fails due to the O drive not being...

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos