cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Service Packs

Is there a way to package Service Packs and updates for XP and office. If so, how?Thanks

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Respsonse File Wizard to Create Transform

On the start page for the InstallShield Tuner there is a Tip that suggests using the 'Respsonse File Wizard to Create Your Transform'. How do I start the wizard? It mentions running a simulated installation. When I create a new transform, I get o...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How do I repack an .exe?

Hi!I've made a app distribution with InstallShield Developer, but since then, my server crashed and I didn't have a valid backup, of course.The ready distribution is in .exe format, which includes the .msi file, data1.cab, an .ini file, instmsia and ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NT4 SP6 does it self repair?

Hi all I am new to windows installer and Installshield and was wondering if Windows NT 4 SP6 and for that matter windows 9.x can actually self-repair. If so how? I have created some MSI, deleted an important exe and clicked the shortcut hoping that ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to make transform files

I'm trying to build a transform file for one of my project.Everything goes fine until I test the mst. I get the message "The Installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package. You must run setup.exe."Are there any ways to get rid of th...

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat 5.05 full version

Hello!I have been trying to repackage the Adobe Acrobat 5.05 Full version with Destiller and PDF Writer, but with no success regarding the Printer and the Destiller.When running the initial setup.exe trough InstallShield Adminstudio 5.0, the Destille...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal Error 2343

I am using AdminStudio 3.5w/vp2.I am trying to repackage WorkingModel2D 5.0. Everthing seems to complie fine from the Legacy Conversion Wizard. However, when I try to run the newly created msi, I get internal error 2343. I cannot find anything in...

eclayp by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quality Monitor question

I just started working with Quality Monitor in Admin Studio 5.0 SP1 and had some questions.In the Class ID view, under the failed items, is there an explaination why these items didn't register? Does Quality Monitor suggest dependant dll's or ocx's t...

am9518 by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developer Not Advertising Shortcuts with Intellimirror

When any MSI is built with Developer 8 and distributed with Intellimirror, after the Add/Remove Program entry is installed the installed shortcut is not advertising and not installing the rest of the program. Has anyone encountered this peculiar beha...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos