cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force .xml files to be in their own component and set key file

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I have a project with many xml files where I want each xml file to be it's own component and be a key file. The component wizard only breaks on .exe, .dll, .ocx... Is there some configuration file I can change to make the wizard or repackager create components/keys based on files other than the standard best practices files?

If I do this by hand it will take forever and I will probably make a mistake/miss one.

I'm currently using Admin 3.5/Dev 8 but can upgrade to Admin 5 if need be.

Thanks
(3) Replies
In your Options.ini file, there is a setting "OtherFilesNewComponents", which is set by default to "N". If you set this to "Y", a new component will be created for every file. When it's set to "N", new components will only be created for each portable executable file.
As an aside, if you have a copy of Administrator's Introduction to Application Repackaging and Software Deployment using Windows Installer (www.installshield.com/ispress), this is described in Chapter 15...
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thank you so much. Knowing where to look is 1/2 the battle. Now I wish I didn't spend the night writing a VBA app using the automation layer to do this to an existing ism.

Thank you