Did you mean: 

Validation of Q105865 & AMS

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Can you validate Q105865 for the following environment;

AdminStudio 5.0 VP1 + AMS VP1 sql scripts
Creation of AMS plus Conflict Solver tables in same db

INFO: ConflictSolver Database Table Permissions for Users (Applies to SQL Server)
Document ID: Q105865
This article applies to the following
Product(s): InstallShield AdminStudio - All Versions
Last Revised On: 5/27/2003

Will applying the permissions create problems for AMS?

Cheers
(3) Replies
This article applies only for versions 3.5, 3.0 and 2.0.

In adminstudio 5.0, we store all the MSI tables in the application catalog. Since you have the Enterprise edition of the product, you should be able to use the inbuilt security in the product.

Launch AdminStudio IDE, use the Security menu item under the catalog. This will allow you to use NT domain users and allow you create custom roles to manage the entire process. You don't need to go the table level to set permissions.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Have defined local groups on the server and included trusted domain groups within the local. ie: following typical MS security group standards.

Able to view and select the local groups within the Adminstudio security interface, defined roles etc; Now when clicking on the OK button within the Manager Users window I get an error dialogue box with no text inside and I cannot continue or close out the Manage Users box without cancelling the operation.

So I cancelled the operation and returned to the security screen and saw the local groups available however all the role based info had not been saved; ie: only default roles from the installation available. Now having to renenter all customised role base info again and assign to the local group entries. Still, when clicking OK the empty error box reappears and I cannot exit the dialogue.

So I cancelled out of the operation within the Manager Users window and returned AdminStudio IDE and then rentered the security screen and saw the local groups still available. This time -did nothing, and just hit the OK key. The error box reappears, and I am assuming something is not going according to plan....
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Chris, I would like you to provide access to your AdminStudio Application Catalog to the local groups that you have created on your server using SQL Server enterprise manager.
This will help us to figure out if this is a bug or something you are doing incorrectly.
If you are able to add your local groups successfully using SQL Enterprise manager then it is a bug in AdminStudio but if you are not able to provide access to your local groups to Application Catalog then there is something wrong with the way you are setting the system.
However in both the cases I will be glad to work with you and we can figure the problem.
Please let me know the result asap so that I can jump into the detailed investigation of this issue right away.

I will also appreciate if you can send the log file that is created by AdminStudio.
You will need to
1. Start Regedit and then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InstallShield\AdminStudio
2. Create a new string value key named DebugLogLevel and set its value as 3.

Now perform the same steps in AdminStudio that you peformed before. Create a role, add the local group and then say OK in the main Manage Security dialog.
Once done you will find AdminStudio.log file at the same location where you will find AdminStudio.exe.
Email me this file at ambera@installshield.com