Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User, Errors -6503, -6261, and others

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi all,

I'm new to using Admin Studio 5 Professionial. My question is I'm re-packaging a school's "Test Generator" program for remote deployment out to our Teachers computers, and am receiving the error messages below, can anyone help ???? Especially with editing the DIRECTORY and PROPERTY TABLES ??? I'm not even sure what program to use to edit those tables. I'm currently running the Trial version, due to my not having the time to install the licensed version, which has been sitting on my desk for over 2 weeks !!! 😞 I cannot understand what happened to the -6503 errors, as the path and files are correct and listed under the [ProgramFilesFolder]. I've also attached the Build Log.txt File.

Our network consists of the following:

* 1.5 Terrabyte DELL/EMC SAN.
* Windows 2000 Server Data Center Edition running on all servers. ( 10 Remote Buildings with 2 DELL Servers Each ).
* DELL PowerConnect 3048 Switches.
* 5000+ DELL GX-260 Workstations running WinXP Pro Edition with SP1 and all the latest MS Patches up until Today. This is the machine that I'm building my package on.

Here are the error messages that I'm getting......

Creating shortcuts and writing to the Shortcut table

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for index.html in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]Language of Literature-Test Generator-Grade 9. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]Language of Literature-Test Generator-Grade 9. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for index.html in folder [ProgramFilesFolder]TestGen9. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for in folder [ProgramFilesFolder]TestGen9. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

AppId table successfully built
ISDEV : warning -6261: The property ALLUSERS is defined in the property table. This may result is a setup that is always installed per-machine when it has been advertised as a per-user install. It is recommended that the ALLUSERS property not be defined in the Property table.
Property table successfully built

SFPCatalog table successfully built
ISDEV : error -6503: An error occurred building Shortcut HelpTopics. The Shortcut's working directory TESTGEN9 is not found in the directory table. Change the Shortcut's working directory to a valid location.
ISDEV : error -6503: An error occurred building Shortcut Teacher. The Shortcut's working directory TESTGEN9 is not found in the directory table. Change the Shortcut's working directory to a valid location.
Shortcut table successfully built

Resolving strings...
Language English (United States) built
Building CAB files...
Data1.cab built
Files built
Media table successfully built
Product1\Release1 - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Build failed.
Conversion stopped with 1 error(s) and 4 warning(s).

Thanks in Advance for your Time !!!!!

----- BRIAN -----
(1) Reply
It looks like you need to add the directory property TESTGEN9 to the Directory table with the direct editor (right at the bottom under the additional tools view) within developer. Press F1 within the direct editor to find out how to interact with that table.