cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Exclusion list and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*

The various default exclusion files that ship with installshield have HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\* excluded. Why is this? Is this information not important or is it supposed to be stored somewhere else?I also note that when converting fro...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

'No language Support' error after installing Value Pack 2

I have been running InstallShield AdminStudio 3.5 Pro with Value Pack 1 for some time with no problems. I recently (foolishly as it turns out!) noticed the existence of VP 2 and installed it. Since then I have been unable to open any project created ...

Packaging For Windows XP

Hi,Can anyone tell me any real differences with regards packaging of apps for Windows XP as opposed to other Windows O/S's (specifically Windows 2000 Pro). I know about the ability to isolate apps in XP using a .manifest file but would be interested...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ACT60 install renders "Add & Remove Programs" unusable

I just installed ACT 6.0 from a packaged installation with Admin Studio 5.5. I could NOT uninstall it. Furthermore I could NOT uninstall any programs. The "Add & Remove Programs" window would not display anything. In fact none of the options in this ...

brothe by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blank window in Developer AS ver 8.0

I've had to reinstall Admin studio version 3.5. After applying the Adminstudio35vp1.exe file which brought developer to ver 8.0 when I open Developer and then open a project the window is blank..... I've applied valuepack2 and all other updates I c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Installtion Packager error

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm running into a problem with an application that uses an .MSI and .MST transform file that I have created using AdminStudio 5.0 I didn't have any problems creating the transform file, and when I use the file at a ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

...on repackaging for Terminal Servers

(originally posted in a wrong forum)Just wondering if anyone has any theories, tips, informative urls on the topic of msi repackaging for applications to be depolyed to terminal servers.It seems that there are a couple of different approaches;When re...

Admin Studio Pro 5.0 Installation Error 1713

When Installing Admin Studio Pro 5.0 I get the following error when it starts to do the actual install. ""Error 1713. Installshield cannot install one of its required products. Contact your technical support group."" Can anyone help me out with what ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change an existing Installation??

We have Roxio Easy CD 6 installed on several workstations with all the available options installed. I created an .MST file to install the product with the basic necessary options. I tried running the msi install with the transforms options and the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos