cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Urgent Problem

Hi all !I need to deploy a file everytime a (new) user logs on. The installation of the program is started automatically if the user has permissions for the software.Is there something like the "HKLU" for Registry Key wich installs everytime when the...

A_-User by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 - Again

I’m deploying the said product through SMS, using the SMS admin account, as mine is a locked down environment.I have no problems installing and using Acrobat 6.0, but as part of any good QA, I'm also try and uninstall through SMS, using again the SMS...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1606

Could not access network location Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\The problem I am having is that the package will work when doing it manually but when I try to deploy thru Active Directory the evenlog have Error 1606 in it. I have looked up ref...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote launch of OS Snaphot Wizard

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to launch the OS snapshot without having to install Installshield Admin Studio on the same PC that I am taking an OS snapshot of.Thanks,Alan

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory overwrite settings

I have a folder component "FOLDER_ROOT" it's the root of the software (INSTALLDIR). The only thing within this component is 4 files which I need protected from overwrite.Now, there are also subfolders under this root, but they don't have their own ...

Short file name problem

Hi,I have repackaged my application with IS Repackager.One key in an .ini file points to "Program Files". The key appears in the inc file like this:MyKey=_Short(%ProgramFilesFolder%\MyApp)When I convert to an .ism file and build my MSI, the key valu...

bertilh by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Options.ini

I set most of SIS (System Information Stream), Add/Remove Programs, Product Property information with Options.ini, and my .ism's reflect none of these entries.

tattman by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple versions of a application from one setup

Hi,I am a new bie to IS. I do not know what I am trying to achieve using IS Pro 6.3 is possible or not, please give me suggestions and show me the path.My requirement is to Build a setup which would install multiple versions of my application (NEPars...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How identify driver locations

I am trying to package ActiveSync 7.1. The package works but when I plug in the PocketPC it can't find the location of the driver. I have to manually point it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\drivers. I already did a comparison using snapshop...

brothe by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos