Some users may experience issues accessing the Product and Licensing Center. We are actively investigating the issue and working towards a resolution.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple versions of a application from one setup

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi,

I am a new bie to IS. I do not know what I am trying to achieve using IS Pro 6.3 is possible or not, please give me suggestions and show me the path.

My requirement is to Build a setup which would install multiple versions of my application (NEParser1.0, NEParser2.0,...etc).
And in the control panel I should show NEParser1.0 , NEParser2.0,...etc separately for each version of application.

And the biggest catch is, the customer is already having separate setups for each version.
So the already out setups should be also taken care.

Please give some suggestions to tackle.

Thanks
Alagiri
(2) Replies
If it were just a matter of installing multiple versions of the software you could create a Feature for each version and be done with it. The requirement for Multiple versions to be managed seperatly via the control panel makes me think you should build 1 script per version, and create a new install that launches them.
Check out the InstallScript function LaunchAppAndWait.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks for the response.

If I understood correctly, your suggestion is to create different setups for each version and launch them from a wrapper setup.

The Catch for me is to show the "disk space required" while showing the different versions(options) to the user.
Since it might show the size of the Setup rather than the size of the application.

Is there any possibility of showing in the setup all the versions available and instaling them as separate entry in the control panel.

PLease let me know.