cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 - Again

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I’m deploying the said product through SMS, using the SMS admin account, as mine is a locked down environment.

I have no problems installing and using Acrobat 6.0, but as part of any good QA, I'm also try and uninstall through SMS, using again the SMS admin account. Here's where my problem starts.

Whenever you uninstall Acrobat they have a Schedule Reboot custom action, which always returns '1' e.g. prompts for a reboot at the end of the uninstall, still no problem with that.

Then here's the good bit, there's also a custom action with a condition on uninstall to run a 'UninstManager.dll' after reboot, it does this by using the RunOnce reg key. Now here's the problem, as it was originally installed using SMS admin account the 'UninstManager.dll' is located in 'C:\DOCUME~1\SMSCLI~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\UninstManager.dll'. Therefore when you reboot as a restricted user it can't see that folder and errors.

From what I can see this file 'UninstManager.dll' is there way of tiding up the install.

So my question, it's been long I know, has anyone been able to uninstall Adobe Acrobat 6.0 through SMS?

Adobe document and have tested the deployment through SMS, but I think there's a bug.

I can get around this problem by taking out the custom action but I don't really won't to do this as when we upgrade in future it might cause additional problems.
(3) Replies
I packaged it up using the installshield tuner downloaded from Adobe. It appears to be slightly different from Admin Studio 5.5.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/deployment.html

The package works great as long as I run from within the tuner application. After that the only configuration it remembers is the serial number. Other configuration such as the never register and no auto updates keeps coming up.

This is the command I am using:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\MSIEXEC.EXE /i "L:\\SUPPORT\...\AcroStan.msi" TRANSFORMS="L:\SUPPORT\...\AcroStan1.mst"

Does anyone know how to make the other configuration changes work?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thxs for your response.

I have managed to install Adobe Acrobat 6.0 using the same
"msiexec /i............." command line through SMS. But trying to uninstall using "msiexec /x..............." through SMS is where I'm getting the problems.

Add these registry keys:
HKLM\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\AdobeViewer\EULA=1
HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\AdobeViewer\EULA=1

Will accept the EULA

HKLM\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Updater\iUpdateFrequency=0

Will turn the automatic web updates to manual.
You might want to look at this site:

http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=184

It was of use to me when I was attempting to create the transform for Acrobat Pro. I finally ended up removing the two custom actions mentioned on the page as well as modifying the "UnsupportedPrivileges" custom action. It took some time to get this working for all users but it can be done. It's delivered via ZEN.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Bryan