cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Could not access network location Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\

The problem I am having is that the package will work when doing it manually but when I try to deploy thru Active Directory the evenlog have Error 1606 in it. I have looked up references to the error and am unable to solve this problem. This msi was built by Autodesk and I have used tuner to create and mst and have changed the name of the desktop shortcut and added an empty folder so none of that should have made any difference. I would attach the log file but the successful one is 30MB and I do not know how to gen one if it is ran from AD. Plus the package itself is .98 Gig. Any help would be appreciated. I can attach the msi file itself but it is around 5MB as this is a compressed project that uses external cab files.

Thanks.
(1) Reply
I had something like this happen once before. The MST had a reference to a Network locations that the System did not have rights to. I may be way off base here.

In my case it was ZenWorks, but I assume they install applications the same way. The installation takes place with System Rights. If you for example writing a log file to a network share that did not have Domain\Users privledges that could cause this sort of thing.

I don't know if this helps may it is worth looking at though.