cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

MSI pacakage fails when pushed with SMS

Manually running the following command line installs Winzip successfully. However, when pushed thru SMS, it fails, although SMS reports a successfull install. Please help.msiexec /i "\\nysms01\e$\smssource\winzip81\winzip.msi" /qb-!

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

converting axt files

I am trying to convert an axt file. When I run repackager it gives me errors saying it can not find files. I have my source_path setup but it does not look like it can not see suborders after the source_path. Is there any documentation on how the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

error as admin, no errors as user

I have a very strange problem. when i start the icon of my repackaged software as a user, the repair modus coppies files in the [AppDataFolder], and the application starts without warnings. But when i start the application as Adminstrator, the repair...

saimen by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging of MS hotfixes

Hi,we are using since a few weeks Admin Studio 5.0 VP1. No I've tried to repackage some Microsoft Hotfixes that we can distribute this fixes with group policys under Windows 2000 because we don't have a software delivery system yet and this were the ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permision help

I have a lot of packages I made in the past with older versions of admin studio. The problem is we are locking down desktops more and more and now I need to edit theses packages so all users can have full control on certain folders. I tried to reopen...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie help - Error 1402

Hi there,I am completely new to this product, so excuse me if I am being dumb here, but I am having problems creating an msi using the repackager tool.I am trying to repackage Adobe Acrobat 5.0, but got the same error when packaing another app earlie...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Backup and Restore Actions...?

Hey There,Im New To The InstallShield Range and just got my copy of Admin Studio. Im new to the software but I was wondering, Is it possible to make some sort of custom script/action so that an install overwrites a specific file when installed and ma...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Packager Issues

Greetings to allI have an issue with admin studio that I hope you all can assist me with.I have snapshot the installation of an application and it seems to record the installation and states there are several hundred files and registry entries etc. d...

newtoIS by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminSudio vs Novadigm Radia

I have a major customer who uses Novadigm Radia. Weare having problems getting Novadignm Radia to deploy msi files craeated with Administudio. Has anybody got this to work? Please share! Thanks, MIke

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie Q - how to copy file

Hi I have a msi package that i would like to customise very easily all wish to do is add a pdf onto the cd and when the package runs it will copy the pdf file to the destination computer ; i tried through files and folders on adminstudio but keep get...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos