cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

AdminStudio 5.5 and "HKEY_Classes_Root" problems

I am repackaging an application using Adminstudio V5.5 and having issues with registry entries not coming across. With AdminStudio V5 when I repackaged the same application it worked with no issues. The problem is with entries in HKEY_Classes_Root. A...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSI's and Active Directory

I am a new user to the AdminStudios software and would like to thank the developers for creating this tool that is fairly easy to learn and very powerful. It is already making my life simpler.My question today is about MSI's and Active Directory. I r...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Conditions - Newbie Question

Hello, I have just started to use Admin Studio 5.0 after migfrating from wise.I need to do the following:1. Immediatly check to see if a registry key is present.2. If it is exit, else continue with the install.things I have done,Added a search to the...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner crashes with no error

I've created a response MST to an prepackaged MSI application called WRQ Reflection X. Whenever I click on Files and Folders, Tuner "crashes" (i.e. closes) without error message. Any clues on how to resolve this?This is using Admin Studio 5.02

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security settings on a registry key

We did a migration from one AD domain to another. We used the moveuser.exe MS tool and it appears to have broken some registry security settings on the hkcu\software\classes key. We noticed it because users can not install any exchange/outlook form...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Image in Dialog Box

I am using AdminStudio 5.5 and trying to build a basic MSI project.I am trying to change the default image in the "SetupProgress" dialog box of a basic MSI project and save it to a template file to be applied to all project builds. I have created an...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to Install Shield... Having some probs

I hate to already be jumping on here the first day I own the software, but im already struggling a little bit...If someone could point me to basic documentations on transforms etc, that would be great...Also I read a post about the autorun browser fe...

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application reinstalls on launch

I have an application that I repackaged using AdminStudio 3.5 that reinstalls itself every time you launch the application. After the install completes, the application works correctly, until the next time you start it. The process repeats. Now if th...