cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Nested installs with isscript

Ok, this is getting frustrating!! I have automated installs for well over 150+ legacy apps. I have not yet been able to do 1 single application that requires isscript.msi. I know a lot of people are asking questions about nested installs or about iss...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge Modules.

I am repackaging an old App that requires VB6 German runtimes. When I install it they are recorded by repackager but not included into the final ISM.I know that the thing wont work without them. Ho do i manually include the MergeModule into a project...

Writing to existing profiles

I am currently tring to create an MSI that will assign permissions to an existing registry key. I am trying to restrict/Grant permissions to a key in HKCUUsing AdminStudio 5.5 I have created a component (componentx)Within that component I have added ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors building Autodesk Map 3D

I am a newbie using AS 5.5 and trying to create a package for Autodesk Map 3D 2005. When I go to repackage the application I am receiving the following errors:ISDEV : warning -6014: The shortcut "AutodeskCivil3DProjectAdministrationTool" for compone...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Directory Permissions

I have to repackage a lot of programs because people still dont quite seem to understand what a locked down environment is.I have to change the permissions of the HKLM and the Program files directory AND ALL SUBKEYS/DIRECTORIES this is somewhat anno...

ActiveSync 3.7.1 Problems...Help/Advice sought

Hello folksI am attempting to package the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1) into a standard MSI.I have browsed throught this thread: ActiveSyncThread I deleted the following registry keys to alleviate the Program Files folder openeing ev...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

.ini file problem

I'd like to add just a keyword to a .ini file without the = signI'm using the INI file changes section in DevStudioif I add a keyword e.g. "stopsign" without a value it just puts the following line into the .ini file.stopsign=I don't want the equals ...

Question on Multiple MSTs

A quick question...Say I'm given an MSI that already has an MST file with it. Load up both into Tuner with the intention of making a second MST file. Once I'm done with my modifications, I now have an MSI file, and two MST files.Does the second MST...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registry "Search and Replace"

Is is possible to create an .msi that will search the entire registry for a specific key and then replace all existences of that key with a new value?Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSIEXEC and double-clicking MSIs

We have created an MSI of IBM iSeries on Windows XP using repackager (adminstudio v5). When we use MSIEXEC to run the install it works fine, however, if we double click to install it, terrible things happen. After a reboot the PC will not load Wind...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos