cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

ActiveSync 3.7.1 Problems...Help/Advice sought

Hello folksI am attempting to package the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1) into a standard MSI.I have browsed throught this thread: ActiveSyncThread I deleted the following registry keys to alleviate the Program Files folder openeing ev...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

.ini file problem

I'd like to add just a keyword to a .ini file without the = signI'm using the INI file changes section in DevStudioif I add a keyword e.g. "stopsign" without a value it just puts the following line into the .ini file.stopsign=I don't want the equals ...

Question on Multiple MSTs

A quick question...Say I'm given an MSI that already has an MST file with it. Load up both into Tuner with the intention of making a second MST file. Once I'm done with my modifications, I now have an MSI file, and two MST files.Does the second MST...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registry "Search and Replace"

Is is possible to create an .msi that will search the entire registry for a specific key and then replace all existences of that key with a new value?Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSIEXEC and double-clicking MSIs

We have created an MSI of IBM iSeries on Windows XP using repackager (adminstudio v5). When we use MSIEXEC to run the install it works fine, however, if we double click to install it, terrible things happen. After a reboot the PC will not load Wind...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using property values in registry settings

I want to install a Local Printer driver pointing to a TCP/IP portFirst I want create a new standard TCP/IP port from inside a MSI I use AdminStudio 5.5 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Standard TCP/IP Port\Ports\IP...

sweede by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1324 - When running a setup.

To Anyone that can help,I'm attempting to repackage Rational ClearCase 6 using AdminStudio 5.0 and VMWare 4.0. When I attempt to run the basic setup I get the following error message:Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.I...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Creation

Can anyone Help.I am looking for the best way to create a Patch (MSP, or Exe).We have an original MSI created using Wise for Windows, but we do not have any of the WSI\ISM files. We need to patch this original msi with a Setup.exe provided to us by t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-Packager Not Picking up All files...

Hey everyone...I'm not new to packaging, but new to AdminStudio. I have a Legacy Application that i'm trying to package, and i tried to do the Whole Snap Shot progress...I'm doing the Classical Way, where I do a Pre Shot, then install and then do the...

Bug in Installshield 5.0?

Gday all!I am using Installshield 5, and I am creating an MST with some extra registry settings that I have exported using regedit on an XP Pro machine. When i import that reg file into Installshield, its gets corrupted. The Reg key in question looks...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos