cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Error 1931

I trying to run an MSI that I built using snapshot and I have several files that are being placed in system32 that are receiving this error. I've checked the override system version box in the properties menu. I've also checked and verified that th...

mxl0b23 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

conflicting .msi files

When launching an application it is repairing from a different .msi file! The two .msi files each contain a comctl32.ocx file.Package 1 version of the file is newer than package 2 and therfore overwrites it. When I launch package 1 it intiates a repa...

Basic MSI Project all files inside ??

HiI'm making a simple Basic MSI Project with Devstudio 9.01 sp1. Adminstudio editionAnd no mater what, i can't get the files for the installation to Buildinside the MSI.I get this Install release folder where the files are, i want them inside the MS...

sweede by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to add ISScript.msi Merge Module

Hi,I'm in the process of repackaging Rational ClearCase 6 using AdminStudio 5.0/Developer 8.0. After repackaging, I noticed that the ISScript was needed. We I attempt to add the ISScript merge module to I get the following message in the Results wi...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested installs with isscript

Ok, this is getting frustrating!! I have automated installs for well over 150+ legacy apps. I have not yet been able to do 1 single application that requires isscript.msi. I know a lot of people are asking questions about nested installs or about iss...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Merge Modules.

I am repackaging an old App that requires VB6 German runtimes. When I install it they are recorded by repackager but not included into the final ISM.I know that the thing wont work without them. Ho do i manually include the MergeModule into a project...

Writing to existing profiles

I am currently tring to create an MSI that will assign permissions to an existing registry key. I am trying to restrict/Grant permissions to a key in HKCUUsing AdminStudio 5.5 I have created a component (componentx)Within that component I have added ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors building Autodesk Map 3D

I am a newbie using AS 5.5 and trying to create a package for Autodesk Map 3D 2005. When I go to repackage the application I am receiving the following errors:ISDEV : warning -6014: The shortcut "AutodeskCivil3DProjectAdministrationTool" for compone...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Directory Permissions

I have to repackage a lot of programs because people still dont quite seem to understand what a locked down environment is.I have to change the permissions of the HKLM and the Program files directory AND ALL SUBKEYS/DIRECTORIES this is somewhat anno...

ActiveSync 3.7.1 Problems...Help/Advice sought

Hello folksI am attempting to package the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1) into a standard MSI.I have browsed throught this thread: ActiveSyncThread I deleted the following registry keys to alleviate the Program Files folder openeing ev...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos