cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors building Autodesk Map 3D

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am a newbie using AS 5.5 and trying to create a package for Autodesk Map 3D 2005. When I go to repackage the application I am receiving the following errors:
ISDEV : warning -6014: The shortcut "AutodeskCivil3DProjectAdministrationTool" for component "projectadmin.exe" is invalid because it does not reference an icon resource. Specify an icon file and icon index for this shortcut to resolve this issue.

ISDEV : warning -6014: The shortcut "AutodeskMap3D2005" for component "acad.exe_COM" is invalid because it does not reference an icon resource. Specify an icon file and icon index for this shortcut to resolve this issue.

ISDEV : error -6503: An error occurred building Shortcut AddAPlotStyleTableWizard. The Shortcut's working directory PLOT_STYLES is not found in the directory table. Change the Shortcut's working directory to a valid location.

ISDEV : error -6503: An error occurred building Shortcut AddAPlotterWizard. The Shortcut's working directory PLOTTERS is not found in the directory table. Change the Shortcut's working directory to a valid location.

I then receive : Conversion stopped with 1 error(s) and 393 warning(s).

It does however create an MSI file. I know that I have to update the referenced errors within the Direct Edit mode and can use either the MSI or ISM to complete this task. However where I am at a loss is after these modifications take place what needs to be done next. For example if I choose to update the ISM how are these changes applied to the current MSI file?

Any help or guidence would be appreciated.

Also is there any way to eliminate or clean-up all these ICE33 Warnings?

Murph
(1) Reply
Murph,

Many of our errors and warnings are documented on our support website at support.installshield.com. I would start here for help on these warnings as the documents on the site are very good at solving common causes to these. As far as your ICE33 messages, all ICE errors are documented in your AS 5.5 help library that you can search the index for. Just search on 'ICE33' or 'Internal Consistency Evaluators'. Once again, these documents should help to get you started on resolving these.

Once you've resolved them (via opening the .ism file in DevStudio), you can rebuild your .ism in DevStudio into a new .msi file with all your changes. For more help on DevStudio, please see your AdminStudio help library which does have tutorials on getting started in DevStudio.

Hope this helps.

Mark D.
Software Quality Engineer
InstallShield Software Corp.