cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Error 1931 - Packaging Windows Media Player (v9)

All,Im looking for some help! Has anyone successfully created an MSI for the installation of Windows Media Player (v.9)? I package it fine, without erors but when i install the msi i get the following error;Error 1931: The Windows Installer service c...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange Operator ~=

I'm working on packaging MapPoint 2004 for distribution within my company, using Tuner.I have the msi/mst properly uninstalling the previous version, if any, when executing from the command line.When the install is executed by ManageSoft, it doesn't ...

WinZip 9.0 Repackage help

I am trying to repackage WinZip 9.0The package is working well, but there is one problem with itif one goes to a command prompt and types "winzip"the installed program will not launchcloser inspection of the build logs showUndefined file extension '...

rcrusco by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error starting DevStudio

Hello guys. Windows XP SP1, one of my developers is getting an error message anytime he is trying to start DevStudio. Error message is: Library not registered, failed to create an empty document. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled AdminStudio 5....

dynamox by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Legacy Setup Conversion failed

I packaged an application using the repackager (Adminstudio V3.5), but I get an error when attempting to convert the .inc file.The log file looks like:Mapping shell extension verbs from registry information to the Verb tableWriting to the ProgId tabl...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISMsiServer Startup

When I will deploy a Setup I get follow error message.ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Falied to create InstallDriver, Error = 0x80070005It is a vendor setup an I made some changes with a .mst File.When I start the Setup with a doubel click or I deploy it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wscript.Sleep with a VBscript CA doesn't work

I’ve used AdminStudio v5.5 to create a MSI file that contains a VBscript Binary Custom. I have since discovered the Wscript.Sleep command within my VBscript Binary Custom Action causes the script to exit at the sleep line with a ‘Script Error –214682...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

A SIMPLE question - launch already installed executable (Outlook)

Hi all,I'm sorry to bother everyone with a seemingly simple question but this is really kicking my butt. I need my .msi to launch Outlook just before it completes. I have tried the custom action vbscript using commit action and it fails saying the ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about installation modes

Hi,I would like make my application install the same way no matter how many times it has been installed on a pc.ie.- Install app (get all install options etc) Install success- Install app again on same pc (same user) here i would like to get all ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos