Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested installs with isscript

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Ok, this is getting frustrating!!

I have automated installs for well over 150+ legacy apps. I have not yet been able to do 1 single application that requires isscript.msi.

I know a lot of people are asking questions about nested installs or about isscript.msi. However, I cannot seem to find a difinitive answer.

I am attempting to automate an installation that requires isscript.msi. (blackberry desktop)

What I need to have in the end is quite simply a single msi file that will run the isscript.msi followed by the blackberrydesktop.msi while using the commandline "msiexec /i LIMITUI=2"

Installing isscript on all of our computers is NOT an option.

I relly need some help on this! A lot of vendors are releasing with isscript.msi

btw... I am still using Adminstudio 3.5. I have not had time to upgrade to 5.5 yet
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
A few things to try:

1. Create a response file to run the package silently. Run setup.exe /r and complete the install. This will create a file called setup.iss in the windows directory. Copy the file to the same folder as setup.exe and run setup.exe /s /v"/qn" to run silently. Setup will install the script engine if necessary and run the setup.

2. Repackage the setup to create a pure MSI setup (using isrepackager.exe). Then you can run msiexec on the resultant MSI file.

Joe