cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackager

I tried to repackage a product using AdminStudio's 5.0 and had no problems but whenI try to package this under vmware, I take the first snapshot and then the system just gives up without any error message or log. The VMware machine has XP image on i...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install spawning new install windows

I'm having problems with a package built in DevStudio. The package contains a VB6 app and uses Crystal 9 merge modules. When I install it with the /i switch it works fine. However, if I try to install it using the /jm switch it has problems. I ru...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data to remove from Capture after reboot

Hi-I am trying to put together a list of things to remove from an ISM if the Snapshot required a reboot in the mddle of it. I have certain things like NAV, InstallShield info, certain IE settings, and some W2K specific info, but was wondering if any...

extract registry information from setup.Exe

Hello,I have to repackaged a patch installation into an MSI, the problem is snapshot is not taking all the modifications, so i'm looking for a way to extract the registry informations from the setup.exe and the data.cab.I managed to extract the files...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Specifying a network directory for installation

I have a repackaged application that works fine when it is in its msi format, but when I wrap the MSI in Marimba and push it out the installation fails. It fails with an error indicating that a mapped "O" drive is not present. ( the drive is mappe...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using the LogonUser variable in a Dialog Screen

Hi Apologies for this simple question but I haven't used Admin Studio very much and having looked at several posts cannot find a simple answer to my problem. We are trying to create an automated install for Palm Pilot software. During the installatio...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Msiexec ; incorrect command line parameters

Hey..I've been trying to use the command Msiexec to apply a .mst I made to a .msi. However, no matter what I do, it keeps giving me a dialogue box saying "incorrect command line parameters".. I've even tried exactly the examples given on the microsof...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

can i comopress data1.cab into the msi

hi,I have an msi with data1.cab file located outside the msi. Is there any way i can compress this data1.cab into the msi so that i need only msi for installation and son't need the data1.cab located externally.Reddy

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Darwin Descriptor registry keys - info ?

Hello,I've read a few of the postings relating to this subject but I need to learn more.Anybody know of where I can find out about 'How' Darwin Descriptor keys work ?. (Give me links if possible - thanks )Also, what is the general view out there reg...

can i comopress data1.cab into the msi

hi,I have an msi with data1.cab file located outside the msi. Is there any way i can compress this data1.cab into the msi so that i need only msi for installation and son't need the data1.cab located externally.Reddy

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos