cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

No "Media" folder in DevStudio

We are running AdminStudio 5.5, which contains DevStudio 9.01 with SP1. AdminStudio is installed on two workstations (we have licenses for both) but for some reason one DevStudio installation has a "Media" folder in the "Installation Designer" which...

Blank ISM from imported .INC

Gday all!I am having a weird problem, done lots of snapshots of applications without any problems, but this particular app, snapshots fine, opens up in repackager, all the files and registry settings are there, and not excluded, the installdir is set...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clean System Recommendation

Sorry if this question has been asked but,We have a mix of Windows 2000 and Windows XP. During the packaging process should I use a system with no updates or Service Packs or should I patch the system completely before repackaging and app. Also sho...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installshield X vs AdminStudio 6

Hi thereI'd like to know what the differences are between Installshield X & AdminStudio 6.they can be obvious or not i'm not sure, i don't use all the capabilities so i'm not even sure if this an applicable question :).I've been using devstudio 7 tha...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Reboot

What is the best way to make a .msi package made by AdminStudio 6 reboot the computer after the package installs via GPO?Thanks,Mike

Setting up SQL Database

Anyone had any joy setting up a SQL database for admin studio. I create one using the new database feature. I can import msi's into the conflict database but when I try and import an os snapshot it Errors. Everything works fine if I use a MDB databas...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

0 errors during build, 11 Warnings

I just started using the Admin Studio to create msi's.Here's two (2) warnings that I am having trouble decipehering.A non-advertised shortcut must be created for aruser.chm in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]Action Request System. Autorepair cannot be ena...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transform Not Working

I have two msi file1.msi and file2.msi with slight difference. I created a transform file by going to tool->create/apply transform, then i choose the base file1.msi(base) and file2.msi and get a mst files, placed under file1 disk image directory.When...

Sherry by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self heal property

I need to make sure that my self heal directory property is set correctly. Does anyone know where to find it in the MST/MSI file?Also, I am looking at pushing the MSI file out via SMS which will copy the MSI to other secondary servers before the cli...

Registry for default user

Hy,I'd like to put registry keys for each new user in the system (windows XP).The way I tried is to load, update and unload the ntuser.dat of the default user (C:\d&s\default user) and made a script to accomplish that task. The script work perfectly ...