cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Newbie: Predefined folders?

Please help!I have been landed on site with a system I have never seen before and no manuals available to me. I've got some basic background knowlegde, but that's it!!Where can I find a complete list of Predefined Folders? I need to ammend an mst fil...

ScubyUK by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ms04-28 Gdiplus.dll

Today I was thrown an interesting challenge. Get GDIPLUS.DLL updated on 17,000 machines in a real hurry.What makes it interesting is it seems dozens of products have all isolated this DLL to some degree ( either side by side assemblies or privately...

Get Msiexec arguments

Hello,I'd like to get the arguments passed to the command line msiexec...Example : msiexec /i my_Msi.msi BU=HELLOI'd like to know How I can retrieve the string BU=HELLO whitin a script in my project.If someone can help....

Catia

Has anyone "repackaged" CATIA? The configuration that I need to repackage has more then thirty thousand files. How much am I going to regret doing this? Is there anything I can do to make this go more smoothly?Thanks,Bryan

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error 1911 During application install

What causes a 1911 error? How do you fix it? This is the exact message I got:Error 1911.Could not register type library for file:C:\FOCUS_12.5\ClarifyClient\ClanEjbGw.ebnContact your support personnel.It has Abort, Retry and Ignore buttons. Abort ...

JHWorden by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

windows services required to run installshield X

Hi thereI've disabled most services found in XP sp2. (frankly i don't use them at my home pc)now anyways I wanted to launch X but I only see the splash screen and then it quits. so i'm guessing its bc i've disabled the services.so what are the servic...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read-Only mode?

Why does InstallshieldX Pro tell me that the MSI I've opened, & then tried to save over the other is opened in Read-Only mode?Thanks,Rich

OS Snapshot in AS 6 - not working

I have recently upgraded to AdminStudio 6 Professional. When I try to run OsSnapshot.exe on my reference computer, I receive a message saying "This feature requires AdminStudio Professional Edition". When I run OsSnapshot.exe on the computer where I ...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Combining two MSI's and running them in order?

Hello - I have an installation package pack1.exe. I created an MSI out of this package, but embedded in that package is VBA6.msi (I believe it's a Visual Basic Runtime.) When REPACKAGE pack1.exe - I get a good looking PACK1.MSI and can install - but ...