cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Setting up SQL Database

Anyone had any joy setting up a SQL database for admin studio. I create one using the new database feature. I can import msi's into the conflict database but when I try and import an os snapshot it Errors. Everything works fine if I use a MDB databas...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

0 errors during build, 11 Warnings

I just started using the Admin Studio to create msi's.Here's two (2) warnings that I am having trouble decipehering.A non-advertised shortcut must be created for aruser.chm in folder [ProgramMenuFolder]Action Request System. Autorepair cannot be ena...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transform Not Working

I have two msi file1.msi and file2.msi with slight difference. I created a transform file by going to tool->create/apply transform, then i choose the base file1.msi(base) and file2.msi and get a mst files, placed under file1 disk image directory.When...

Sherry by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

self heal property

I need to make sure that my self heal directory property is set correctly. Does anyone know where to find it in the MST/MSI file?Also, I am looking at pushing the MSI file out via SMS which will copy the MSI to other secondary servers before the cli...

Registry for default user

Hy,I'd like to put registry keys for each new user in the system (windows XP).The way I tried is to load, update and unload the ntuser.dat of the default user (C:\d&s\default user) and made a script to accomplish that task. The script work perfectly ...

Remove "readme" from Add/Remove programs?

Hope someone can help out here. :confused: Is there any way of removing the "read me" in Add/Remove programs under General Information when using Dev Studio?If I try to use an empty filed, the Add/Remove programs dialog of the installed package alwa...

File and Folder permission

I am repackaging applications for terminal server and users need write protection on specific folders. Is there any way of not REPLACING the filepermissions on folders but ADD permissions to application groups?I guess this is a limitation by MSI 2.0....

Predeployment Config

Having problems getting this predeployment component working. It will not save any configuration when I input the database info. I have tried Access and SQL which is preferred since thats where the application catalog is. I have the proper login, bu...

r1rider by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application error: lsass.exe, after msi uninstall

I made an msi from the IBM Iseries Access setup, with Installshield Adminstudio6 - Repackager - WXP It works without any problems, but if I remove the program from the Control Panel, and restart the computer, I get the "Application Error: Isass exe" ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-repair repair "My pictures" folder

hello,The folder "My pictures" is deleted on our workstation.When an application repair, it re-create automaticly "My pictures" folder.Have someone some information about this particularity ?(it work for each application, microsoft or not)