cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAWS pdf creator repackaging

HI,

I'm currently trying to deploy JAWS pdf creator, and am having severe problems trying to repackage the app. (similarly to when i tried to do Acrobat until we found the deployment tool!!!!)

The actual setup.exe is accompanied by a .inx file, which apparently is an installshield compiled script, an ini file and a couple of cab files, but i need to be able to repackage ti to msi or at the very least run a silent install from a command line to deploy it successfully. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? So far i've tried the normal Installation monitoring and snapshot repackaging methoed and no matter what I do I end up with Internal error 2343 when trying to run the msi. I suspect this is something to do with the way it installs a print driver as I had similar issues when packaging Acrobat.

Many thanks,

Mark.
(3) Replies
http://www.appdeploy.com/packages/detail.asp?id=290

Aint sure it is the same version BUT it might point you in the right direction.

Paul
Thanks for the reply.. we've got that as well but we're not going to be using it by the looks of things.
At the moemnt we're sticking the the PDF Creator product (v 3.2) which is different.
Why is it always the one you don't want that comes as an msi? 😞
IN case anyone else has this probelm, it appears that a tool is provided if you buy 300 licenses or more, or alternatively the next version - 3.6 has the ability to be installed silently from a command line!!
Top Kudoed Authors