cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Upgrade to Office XP from Office 97

Im about to upgrade our office97 to OfficeXP.Our Office97 env. are installed on our network with files in our application server and user specific files in the users home dir. The new OfficeXP installation will be on the users local disk. The problem...

How to uninstall MSI during install of another MSI ?

Hi,I'd like to know if it's possible to create a CA which uninstall a MSI from a target computer before installing the first MSI. It's not a nested installation but I want my first MSI to uninstall a second MSI on a target computer.I have tried every...

OMSTEF by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tuner / Developer Validation Output not Same

This has happened several times to me. I can do a full MSI validatation of a transform in Tuner and get a certain number of errors reported, and if I validate the same transform in Developer, against the same cub file (as far as I know), I get a dif...

Admin Studio Network Installation

I've done a couple of searches and I've haven't come up with any information pertaining to setting up Admin Studio on a network share. We are currently using Wise, but would like to start using Admin Studio some more. (it's a long story).I'm in a tes...

Adding a Property to the Property Table

We are trying to create a silent install with an MSI without using an esternal switch. I found threads explaining how to do this by modifying properties- see below:just add LIMITUI to the Property table with value 1.But we can't find an option to ad...

ntaylor by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using UNC Paths in Silent Installations

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Does anyone know if there is a problem using UNC paths with silent installations? Nothing at all happens when I execute this:setup.exe /s /v"INSTALLDIR=\"\\orville\d$\Program Files\MyCompany\My Product\" /qn" /wThanks for any ...

How to supress a dialog?

We recently switched to Admin Studio Pro from Wise products. In the Wise products, there is a check box infront of a dialog in the dialog view. If the box is checked, the dialog will display, if not, it does not display. Checking the box adds the...

MitchM by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VBScript in Custom Actions

I am trying to run this very small and simple VBScript, which works fine outside InstallShield:PROGRAM_NAME = "SMART Board Software"set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.shell") currentuser = ws.RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WIND...

One file in package not installing

OK, this is probably an easy one to you gurus out there. I've created a very simple package that just contains 5 files that need to replace older files in a directory when the package is installed. When I run the package manually, it works just fine....

Repair always installs previous version

I created a Minor Upgrade with two new files. Installing with /i name REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL updates the files correctly.Yet, if I perform a repair the previous version gets reinstalled.This also happens if I remove all cached files. I d...