cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Installscript MSI to basic MSI with ADMINSTUDIO 6 SP1

I'm new here but it seems to be the good place to go when things go wrong with MSI.

I'm trying by now to convert an installscript MSI to basic cause I want it to be deployed via ACTIVE DIRECTORY. The software is ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR 7.5. I converted many installscript MSI to basic before and it always Ran fine but this one is a real problem. First of all, if I read in the SETUP.INI file the line SCRIPTDRIVEN=2. It's the first time I see this cause usually the value is 0 or 1. When I try to use installscript scan tool, it doesn't recognize it as a installscript MSI but if I change the value of the line to SCRIPTTDRIVEN=1 the installscript panel appears but the process hangs just before the licence agreement panel. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem. The installscript engine is 10.5 for this software. Or is there any other way I could convert this package to basic MSI. Thanks for your help
🙂
(1) Reply
Perhaps see the help links suggested in this thread: http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=148408.