cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repair always installs previous version

I created a Minor Upgrade with two new files. Installing with /i name REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL updates the files correctly.Yet, if I perform a repair the previous version gets reinstalled.This also happens if I remove all cached files. I d...

Palm desktop 4.1

Has anyone run into the issue of the palm desktop software insisting on reinstalling itself (self heal) at login? I have tried to solve this by removing and replacing the reg keys here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\” with “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ a...

Greg_B by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Palm and MST issue

Has anyone had any success creating a transform for the Palm Desktop 4.1? ALL of my build machines lock up each time I get to the last dialog in the "Palm Desktop - Installshield Wizard" using Tuner. If I force close the program and look in the proje...

Problem with 'shortcuts component' registry enrty

When i tried to Package Macromedia Dream weaver, it gave me error ICE 43 and ice 57.Both errors regrading the regisrty entry corresponding to the component 'Shortcut'To miticate error 43 i have to set the corresponding reg entry to -1 and to miticate...

capturing uninstall process

I may have missed a whole lot in help docs, but I can't find out how tocapture removal of application. I'm converting setup.exe to MSI and I'd liketo have a complete picture of both install (done with Repackager) anduninstall process.[EDIT] I forgot ...

Shortcuts pointing to network locations

I have done a thorough search (at least I believe I did) of the Community and have found several posts identical to mine, but none of them had any answers (or any that resolved my question). So here it goes again.All I need is a Shortcut that points...

v10.x IDE crash when changing file properties

I'm new. With this out of the way, read on...Program in question is InstallShield X Professional - AdminStudio Edition(SP1 included). AdminStudio is v6.0 (exact version number is 6.0.0.122) Here's what I've done (step by step):1. pointed to an .MSI...

convert from installscript msi to basic msi

When you use the package wizrd to detect an installscript msi and to convert it, are you repackaging the msi or is it merely converting it? Any ICE errors that occur in the resulting msi, are they just the vendor's or can the conversion process lead...