cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

AdminStudio SMS Edition - Activation doesn't work

After I installed AdminStudio, SMS edition, it asked to verify my SMS instance. I have SMS up and running, but when it tries to verify the SMS site, it comes back with “Unable to connect to SMS Server”. Any ideas what the problem might be?

AdminStudio SMS Edition

we see this product at http://www.installshield.com/products/adminstudio/sms/default.asp however nobody at InstallShield we spoke knows how to get the SMS edition. What are the base licenses needed to run this program? And how is the program receiv...

auto serial number input?

I've heard that you can create installshield MSIs with the serial number preloaded (they already appear in the text field)How do you go about doing this in developer?

illynova by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using MsiQueryFeatureaState & vbscript

Has any one had any luck using:Set installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") Set retval = installer.QueryFeatureState(ProductCode,Feature)I am tryying to check if a certain feature exists in the installed applciations. If found I will r...

Cygnusx1 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help a new guy out, please.

I'm relatively new to being a network admin. My specialty is really hardware, but I'm doing my best to learn software as well.Part of that is admin studio. My boss gave me admin studio 6 and asked me to make a .msi file for remote windows installatio...

TRANSFORMS or /t to apply a transform

A little confused here. For Windows 2000 and Windows XP is the syntax for applying a transform /t or TRANSFORMS= ? I've seen both and have had problems getting /t to work, although I see that switch being referred to in forum articles, docs, etc. ...

Adobe Reader 7.01 Update Package

I have deployed Adobe Reader 7.0.msi via Group Policy and it has worked quite well. I want to deploy the 7.01 update, but cannot figure out how to incorporate that into the .msi. Create a transform file? How would I go about that? I have the file Acr...

LogonUser and INI Files

I'm currently trying to repackage RealPopup (www.realpopup.it) using installation monitoring.Everything gets captured properly except the INI files that are created/updated.It's because the INI files are named after the username (ie. RP[LogonUser].in...

How to Tweak an MSI File how to add files

Ive just taken over a role which reauires me to add an updated ini file to a bunch of msi files. So I fire up admin studio and run install shield developer and open the file. I delete the old ini file from the files and folders menu in Install Shield...

younga by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos