cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

TRANSFORMS or /t to apply a transform

A little confused here. For Windows 2000 and Windows XP is the syntax for applying a transform /t or TRANSFORMS= ? I've seen both and have had problems getting /t to work, although I see that switch being referred to in forum articles, docs, etc. ...

Adobe Reader 7.01 Update Package

I have deployed Adobe Reader 7.0.msi via Group Policy and it has worked quite well. I want to deploy the 7.01 update, but cannot figure out how to incorporate that into the .msi. Create a transform file? How would I go about that? I have the file Acr...

LogonUser and INI Files

I'm currently trying to repackage RealPopup (www.realpopup.it) using installation monitoring.Everything gets captured properly except the INI files that are created/updated.It's because the INI files are named after the username (ie. RP[LogonUser].in...

How to Tweak an MSI File how to add files

Ive just taken over a role which reauires me to add an updated ini file to a bunch of msi files. So I fire up admin studio and run install shield developer and open the file. I delete the old ini file from the files and folders menu in Install Shield...

younga by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action question

I've been reading several posts on how using subst to create a virtual drive so that an MSI that refers to a network drive (N:) can install through network deploy. All the posts that I've read suggest to use subst through custom action, but none say ...

lansoft by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having Trouble with the Distribtuion Wizard.

I am trying to use the wizard to create a Zenworks Deskstop Application. I get the following error everytime I try to create the Application object. :confused: Friday, June 17, 2005 07:59:22AMPackaging started on 17-Jun-2005, 07:59:22 AM No such o...

Ferret by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

modifying shortcut information based on user input

Hello all This is my first time trying to create a installation project with installshield.My question is, how would I go about programatically modifying a shortcut with user supplied values? The shortcut needs to contain the path to the installation...

illynova by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos