cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LogonUser and INI Files

I'm currently trying to repackage RealPopup (www.realpopup.it) using installation monitoring.

Everything gets captured properly except the INI files that are created/updated.

It's because the INI files are named after the username (ie. RP[LogonUser].ini).

I've tried editing the MSI so it uses RP[LogonUser].ini, but the file actually gets called RP[LogonUser].ini instead of RPADMINISTRATOR.INI. I've also tried using %LogonUser% and {LogonUser} without success.

I have also tried creating a custom action and then using [USERNAME]/%USERNAME%/{USERNAME} in the file name. Still no success.

Is it possible to have the INI File Changes use a variable in the filename?
(2) Replies
i don't think that you can variable the filename. This is probably a bad idea anyway and if you can get around this then i would. If you have to do it you can script the rename of the file after it has been dropped down to the machine by deferring the action. But there are two problems i can see that is you will find it difficult to remove the file as it could be called anything and the second is whether or not your script will return the correct username if it has been installed elevated either to the system account or as a run as
I figured something like that. Thanks for the response.