cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

ICE03 Warning message (Help Me)

I'm receiving the warning message below. Can someone tell me how to fix this warning. ICE03 Warning String overflow (greater than length permitted in column); Table: IniFile, Column: Value, Key(s): IniFile382 http://dartools/iceman/ice03.html IniFile...

somookc by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shortcut Problem ??

I have a Shortcut problem. I have a finished MSI file and if i distribute this i should see on the desktop 2 icons with symbols. however, you only see 2 icons without symbols they only appears if you start the program the first time. Thx for Help

Wagdag by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

folder permissions not installed

Hi there,I'm new to AdminStudio and have a problem applying customized folder permissions. I recorded an installation via snapshot, created a MSI-file, tested it and began editing the file's and folder's permissions. everything seemed to work fine,...

dx-zwo by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How can I break up huge msi's?

I am fairly new to the msi packaging game. Some of the msi's I have built end up being huge. I am sure there is a way to break this up, like put the application in one msi and the data in the other, but I have no idea how to do it. For example, I j...

jdkc4d by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modem installation

Hi,Im trying to create a msi to install Cisco Mica modem. All that the driver contains is an inf file. I tried to do a recapture but that didnt work. Has someone been successful in doing something similar and could guide me?ThankyouChris

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to AdminStudio et. al - Autorepair question

Hi,Im new to AdminStudio, and would like to know a little about how the .msi autorepair works - is it possible to define which files this covers, and which files are excluded?For example what happens when my packaged application gets an update? Will ...

JamesHA by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Snapshot

I have recently upgraded to IS 6.0 pro. I am attempting to create an OS snapshot however I have noticed it does not appear possible to create this if you dont have IS installed in full setup mode. I would of thought there was a way to connect to the ...

Set Specific Files as Per-User

Is there any way to flag files as per-user ? i.e. so if a new user executes the advertised application and a specific file doesn't exist in the users profile, it heals and installs it ?Thanks in advance.CheersA

MS Office 2000 SP3

Please help. I am trying to repackage MS Office 2000 sp3 for AD distribution. The build appers to complete correctly, and distribution to the target machines appears to succeed, but the sp does not "register" with the target machine. (Office indicate...