cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Trouble importing OS Snapshots

Every time I try to import an OS Snapshot into Conflict solver, it gets a LONG way through it then...OS snapshot import started at: Thursday, 30 June 2005 - 1:43 PM ...Source OS snapshot: - G:\IT\IT Support Group\Development\SOE\SOE_DEV\MSI packages...

calref by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User opinion question

We have 2 developers working with DevStudio/IS 10.5 at this time. The other developer generally does maintenance, while I do most of the new builds. A lot of teh projects coming my way lately are for creating packages for partners/third party vendo...

Another (surprisingly basic) question:

Right now I'm trying to prepare a package for deployment, and this one seems to be different from my PowerDVD package.From what I understand, the program has three components. Each component has the basic .msi file, and a transform file that contains...

Ice33

Hi,I am repackaging a large app and have several hundred ICE33 warnings. Most of the warnings concern moving data from the registry to PROGID and TYPELIB tables. I want to do this work but I don't know how to translate the information in the regist...

RemoveRegistry table...

Can someone give me an example of what I should put in the remove registry table? I've put this in the following fields (yet it doesn't work, doesn't remove the "Oracle in OraHome2" parent key):RemoveRegistry: RemoveODBCRoot: 2Key: SOFTWARE\ODBC\OD...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Icon for Shortcut

I'm having an issue creating a shortcut that has as it's "Icon File" the path to an actual .ico file. The shortcut doesn't display the icon i've specified in the "Icon File" when my product is installed. The actual shortcut points to a .bat file. ...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio SMS Edition - Activation doesn't work

After I installed AdminStudio, SMS edition, it asked to verify my SMS instance. I have SMS up and running, but when it tries to verify the SMS site, it comes back with “Unable to connect to SMS Server”. Any ideas what the problem might be?

AdminStudio SMS Edition

we see this product at http://www.installshield.com/products/adminstudio/sms/default.asp however nobody at InstallShield we spoke knows how to get the SMS edition. What are the base licenses needed to run this program? And how is the program receiv...

auto serial number input?

I've heard that you can create installshield MSIs with the serial number preloaded (they already appear in the text field)How do you go about doing this in developer?

illynova by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using MsiQueryFeatureaState & vbscript

Has any one had any luck using:Set installer = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer") Set retval = installer.QueryFeatureState(ProductCode,Feature)I am tryying to check if a certain feature exists in the installed applciations. If found I will r...

Cygnusx1 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos